New ROGer Array

Mobo Form Factor

Can someone please tell me the form factor of the motherboard in my ASUS G20AJ? Thank You.

New ROGer Array

Alternate G20 mobo

If I obtain a non G20 H170 mobo for my barebones G20 case, will the rear connections line up with my rear I/O shield? Can you tell me if the rear mobo connectons on H170's are all in the same place regardless of mfr? Did ASUS (realign?) the location of the I/O's for the G20 so that are unique? In case you're wondering...I won't be using an HDD. This will not be a gaming pc. I'm just a surfboarder. No office work, video work and no gaming for this 3 score +5 senior. I just like the looks. I won't need the G20 mobo with the HDD cutout. I bought this case simply for the looks...sorry, ASUS. Finally...can someone tell me how many LCD modules are inside? I would gladly buy a parts/service manual if someone can tell me if they are available. I am obliged to be a member of this forum. I doubt I'll be able to contribute much since I am a novice and not a gamer. I hope I'm still welcome. sincerely, dinosoar.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Hi Randy,

I moved your threads to the G desktop area as you'll find other customers with your machine posting here.

Unfortunately the motherboards for these machines are pretty custom. Short of fabricating a new motherboard tray and hacking up the chassis I can't think of a way of fitting another motherboard inside.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Welsh Whoopee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randyw View Post
    Can someone please tell me the form factor of the motherboard in my ASUS G20AJ? Thank You.
    the motherboard is custom to this case, here is a picture below. the ports for usb and audio are on the right and your graphics car slot is on the left, a normal motherboard would be the other way around. which means you will need a very custom case built for you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161218_195438.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	66428
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ http://bit.ly/2LNo1dI

ASUS ROG G20 PLAYLIST @ http://bit.ly/2R9njXC

New ROGer Array

The photo included from "Welsh' is the O'E. board. Notice the cutaway for the GPU...I don't intend to use a Gpu, so a conventional board will suit me. Even an ITx board would be suitable, w or w/o external PSU. I am hoping that someone can measure the bolt mounting from the ASUS board. I can't confirm if ASUS followed form of a previous factor, e.g., ATX, MATX etc. I only have the mntg holes in the case for reference. I appreciate all efforts to now. Thank You, Randy.

New ROGer Array

P.S....I already own the case. (G20). The rear I/O is plastic and a homemade unit can be made. I believe the rear plate is basically a dust cover. Does anyone have an ITX board they can measure for mounting for me? I would gladly buy it, in the event it is a spare. A front I/o can easily be momebrew for on/off etc.Thanks, R.W.