cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GL502VM problem - Some Games freeze for a second

Ydintalvi
Level 7
What would be a problem when I play games in between freezes for a second?

Bios newest.
The drivers are taken from the Asus website and the graphics card drivers from the latest nvidia site.
Malware Checked.
Below my computer there is a cooling platform.
18 REPLIES 18

Bran187
Level 9
We need more information in order to try and help. Does it happen in all games? Just certain games? Laptop display or external display? Driver version? Those would be good places to start.

Such as Resident Evil 7, the game froze for a couple of seconds, sometimes at certain points, and Battlefield 1 Multiplayer takes about a second to freeze. The driver version is the latest whql nvidia. The screen is a portable display. The big question is that I heard that notebooks do that and can not do anything about it, is that so?

Ydintalvi wrote:
Such as Resident Evil 7, the game froze for a couple of seconds, sometimes at certain points, and Battlefield 1 Multiplayer takes about a second to freeze. The driver version is the latest whql nvidia. The screen is a portable display. The big question is that I heard that notebooks do that and can not do anything about it, is that so?

I mean stuttering happens every now and again on any computer, but shouldn't be super often or noticeable unless you are cracking graphics settings to high.

By a portable display do you mean like one of those USB ones? Or do you mean the laptops display?

I use my own laptop screen.

I installed gta v and I played it for a while so the game worked smoothly with even higher settings. Does not this tell you that the computer is okay? If there is something wrong with drivers such as battefield 1 or Resident Evil 7?

Reinserev
Level 7
The games themselves may be at fault. Try some other games with similarly demanding system specs and see if they stutter or not, especially after playing for some time. My GL502VMK has some barely-noticeable stuttering in some games, too. But it's small enough not to bother me. Also, it would be a great idea to close any resource-intensive backround programs, especially if the game(s) are running from the HDD. As for the multiplayer games, the stuttering may come from your Internet connection or router, too. Try closing any other network-intensive programs before playing.
Also, another idea would be to see if the games stutter while playing on the laptop's built-in display. If all of them work properly, then something else must be off.

Sincerely,
Carl

Please see if your CPU is thermal throotling.

Use Intels XTU (Extreme Tuning Utility) or AIDA64.

I installed windows 10 as a new usb stick and did a clean installation where no programs and drivers were complete so I installed the drivers manually and did not install many programs. Battlefield 1 is out of date and works really well. In this regard, it seems that the problem has been resolved. And I tried other games to play so it looks really good on GTA V / Resident Evil 7. Do not know if I need to do anything else?

Ydintalvi wrote:
I installed windows 10 as a new usb stick and did a clean installation where no programs and drivers were complete so I installed the drivers manually and did not install many programs. Battlefield 1 is out of date and works really well. In this regard, it seems that the problem has been resolved. And I tried other games to play so it looks really good on GTA V / Resident Evil 7. Do not know if I need to do anything else?

So, a fresh install of Windows solved your problem, right?

Yes it would look like that