cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 Keys seem poor quality. Mostly Q W E

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Keys on the G752 seem to be pretty badly made, giving them a light rubbing they seem to click and grind around on something.. anyone have the same issue?

Mostly on the Q W E keys Before my E key would squeak loudly..

If you press your W key down, and move your finger up and down along the tile, does it grind?

If others reproduce this, then I guess it's a model defect, if not then I would like to try swap the unit. :c
35 REPLIES 35

Bahz
Level 12
Darnassus wrote:
Keys on the G752 seem to be pretty badly made, giving them a light rubbing they seem to click and grind around on something.. anyone have the same issue?

If you press your W key down, and move your finger up and down along the tile, does it grind?

If others reproduce this, then I guess it's a model defect, if not then I would like to try swap the unit. :c

It sounds more like a QC issue not actual quality issue with the physical keyboard, if it's having those issues then I would recommend contacting customer service to arrange for RMA.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Bahz wrote:
It sounds more like a QC issue not actual quality issue with the physical keyboard, if it's having those issues then I would recommend contacting customer service to arrange for RMA.

I believe it's the entire model's line sadly. It happens over every key after a little playaround.

Try it yourself.. :c

Push key down, then run finger up and down the tile, you'll feel it clicking around. It seems to sink under the frame or something..

Darnassus wrote:
I believe it's the entire model's line sadly. It happens over every key after a little playaround.

Push key down, then run finger up and down the tile, you'll feel it clicking around. It seems to sink under the frame or something..

The problem here is that when using a computer, I do not expect that most people treat or use their keyboards in such a fashion.

I certainly don't massage my keys before using them (even if they may like it 😛 ). I expect it's the same deal with nearly every laptop.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Eleiyas wrote:
The problem here is that when using a computer, I do not expect that most people treat or use their keyboards in such a fashion.

I certainly don't massage my keys before using them (even if they may like it 😛 ). I expect it's the same deal with nearly every laptop.

No not massage but when holding down keys like W to move it clicks and grinds.. anyway, can't help it... the G750 didn't have this issue.

Darnassus wrote:

Im sorry but I don't understand the point. No issues with my G752VY maybe because I've never done what you are describing on any keyboard since I began using PCs in the 80s. If they register a keystroke when I tap the key and dont stick or repeat characters I call it good. Anything after that is preference of feel. Some prefer light others want to bang the crap out it and others like to push down then run their finger up and down.

I dont experience any squeaking at all.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

KRenga
Level 7
Darnassus wrote:

The keyboard quality seems excellent to me, no issues whatsoever. couldn't imagine a better keyboard really.

Did you manage to figure out the best overclocking and undervoling setting?

KRenga wrote:
The keyboard quality seems excellent to me, no issues whatsoever. couldn't imagine a better keyboard really.

Did you manage to figure out the best overclocking and undervoling setting?

I tested the G752 before and the keyboard quality imo is pretty good, this is why I'm a bit surprised to see feedback like this for this keyboard. It's a notebook keyboard after all so it can never be compared to an external mechanical keyboard, however this keyboard is very responsive and I actually really like the feel of it while gaming.

Clintlgm
Level 14
Mine are silent, mine dosn't have this issue! You might want to change yours out before your 30 days expires?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Eleiyas
Level 10
Sounds like you might need to RMA after all, but something comes to mind:

- you have opened and dismantled your unit to repaste, right? I believe that voids warranty.