cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g751 jt BIOS reflash ?

warryabel
Level 7
hallo, i was wondering if there is a way to reflash bios 211 on g751 jt! when i try reflash 211 with eazyflash in bios, it say it cant flash because is an old date!
is the only way by winflash in dos with no date flag?
i need this reflash because i thinking it helps stop my blinking orange batterylight! it charge only 93% with wearlevel of 25.
10 REPLIES 10

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Probably change back bios date? Then install? ;d

ah u mean bios clock...i think its not the same i mean!
biosflashtool looks at the date of biosfile released or version of bios! i will flash the same version as installed!

warryabel
Level 7
hehe ur a riddler? how to do it?

Gps3dx
Level 12
warryabel wrote:
hallo, i was wondering if there is a way to reflash bios 211 on g751 jt! when i try reflash 211 with eazyflash in bios, it say it cant flash because is an old date!
is the only way by winflash in dos with no date flag?
i need this reflash because i thinking it helps stop my blinking orange batterylight! it charge only 93% with wearlevel of 25.

2 sec searching in this sub-forum can show older thread that states that the "-nodate" flag is applicable also for in-windows winflash flashing of same version (or older ) bios. ( i.e you initiate the reflashing command from windows... so that the winflash reboot into special pre-windows environments -> then reflash the bios ).

IMHO, I don't think that bios reflashing can help you in the case of "stop my blinking orange batterylight! it charge only 93% with wearlevel of 25".
you need to replace the battery, or if you're NOT afraid of dealing with electronics... most probably that only one of the 6 or 8 18650 batteries inside your "laptop battery" got screw.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

NeoBeum
Level 9
I just unlocked the chipset tab for a 751JY about 2 minutes ago AMI's tools
I'm having a looksie at port5 to see what I can do about nvme native

warryabel
Level 7
ok last bios flash was from windows with upgrade to 211...end up bricked
rma solved the bricked
my plan was flashing with eazyfash with no date flag!

NeoBeum
Level 9
go to ami's site and get the winguix64 tool

edit; it took me 2 minutes to edit my bios, flash in windows, then boot too uefi to confirm all settings

warryabel
Level 7
tools,tools,tools where is the teaching?

Gps3dx
Level 12
@NeoBeum - i'm sorry.
Can you please expain to me how does your topic about unlocking the bios relates to this thread, which is about bios reflashing and battery issue ?
I suggest you look for an older similar thread about bios unlocking or if can't find open a new one.
your topic is different then the current and IMHO, it's interesting on its own.
lastly, "showing off" is nice, but leaving the community empty handed with a guide or general directions, is not so "social".
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]