cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery 0% not charging, laptop shuts down. G751JY

ufotheswe
Level 7
So like 5 months ago my ROG didnt want to charge to 100% anymore. I didnt like it but never used it without the AC, so I didnt think much of it. So I went away for a week so i disconnected the AC - when I came back the battery was dead. It says "0% avaliable (plugged in, charging). Its not really a big deal since I always use it with the AC, but recently when I am gaming the laptop just turns off. I can turn it on right away - so it seems it loses power for half a second or something, which is enough to turn it off.

Anybody managed to fix this without opening the f'ing thing and replacing it with a 100 euro battery?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Eleiyas
Level 10
ufotheswe wrote:
So like 5 months ago my ROG didnt want to charge to 100% anymore. I didnt like it but never used it without the AC, so I didnt think much of it. So I went away for a week so i disconnected the AC - when I came back the battery was dead. It says "0% avaliable (plugged in, charging). Its not really a big deal since I always use it with the AC, but recently when I am gaming the laptop just turns off. I can turn it on right away - so it seems it loses power for half a second or something, which is enough to turn it off.

Anybody managed to fix this without opening the f'ing thing and replacing it with a 100 euro battery?

Thanks

The only thing I can recommend is this:

- Power off unit
- hard reset (push power button for 1 minute)
- power off unit
- plug in
- charge for 10-12 hours (do not turn it on in this period)

see if that works 🙂

Eleiyas wrote:

- Power off unit
- power off unit
- plug in

see if that works 🙂

Thanks alot for the reply. Just to be sure I am doing it right. After I do the hard reset, the laptop will turn itself on? And then I turn it off immediately and leave it on for 12 hours? I'll have to leave the AC plugged in during all these steps, right? Because my ROG doesnt work unless I have the AC plugged in. But since you said "plug in" I got a little confused.

Thanks again

Eleiyas wrote:

- Power off unit
- power off unit
- plug in

see if that works 🙂

Thanks alot for the reply. Just to be sure I am doing it right. After I do the hard reset, the laptop will turn itself on? And then I turn it off immediately and leave it off for 12 hours? I'll have to leave the AC plugged in during all these steps, right? Because my ROG doesnt work unless I have the AC plugged in. But since you said "plug in" I got a little confused.

Thanks again

ufotheswe wrote:
Thanks alot for the reply. Just to be sure I am doing it right. After I do the hard reset, the laptop will turn itself on? And then I turn it off immediately and leave it off for 12 hours? I'll have to leave the AC plugged in during all these steps, right? Because my ROG doesnt work unless I have the AC plugged in. But since you said "plug in" I got a little confused.

Thanks again

It might turn on, but it shouldn't.

Don't plug it in until all other steps have been done. Then when you do plug it in, don't turn it on or use it for 10-12 hours.

Eleiyas wrote:
It might turn on, but it shouldn't.

Don't plug it in until all other steps have been done. Then when you do plug it in, don't turn it on or use it for 10-12 hours.

Thanks again. The problem is that I cant turn it on at all without the AC plugged in. The battery seems to be totally dead.

JustinThyme
Level 13
The G751s have had a bad run with batteries failing prematurely. Sounds like you have the same problem as in battery is toast.
Batteries serve more of a purpose other than running with no AC. They provide extra current during high demand usage like heavy gaming and also carry you through brownouts.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
The G751s have had a bad run with batteries failing prematurely. Sounds like you have the same problem as in battery is toast.
Batteries serve more of a purpose other than running with no AC. They provide extra current during high demand usage like heavy gaming and also carry you through brownouts.

Ah sh*t... So this means I won't be able to play high demanding games because my laptop will always turn itself off, always? Great... 😕

Is there a way to fix this issue? Like in some options that prevents this function from happening, because now my $2500 ROG is just for browsing the net.

warryabel
Level 7
ive got the orange blinking for about 6 or 7 month...charging only to 89%. from yesterday the led is green and charging on 94%... now that ive maked a plan to repaste and change the battery! that is murphys law 🙂