cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collers problem - G752VT

TroublesMader
Level 7
Hello people 🙂

My fan is working anytime on ~1800 rpm. No app allow me to change or set speed of fan.

A little prehistory. Once upon a time I installed and launched FL Studio 12 (x64). Fan begin work very noisy even when I exit the app and reboot. Speedfan showed 4200 rpm.

So, I decided to do something: I deleted old VGA drivers, updated BIOS and then installed Nvidia Experience and installed recommended drivers from Nvidia Exprience app.

And after that past few weeks the issue stays next: without any load (windows or Bios is running) fan is working at ~1800 rpm what is quite noisy, during gameplay it can raise up to 3600-3800 rpm.

What should I do? Installing of old (original for this laptop) VGA drivers didn't help. Ohh, yeah, and is that normal that during gaming temperatures of CPU can reach 92C - does It mean that thermal grease should be changed?
7 REPLIES 7

Bill
Level 7
Hello TroublesMader
May I ask that did the fan work normally before you installed FL Studio 12?

Bill@ASUS, it was working slowly and quiet even during high load, I mean, probably less then 1000 rpm, I just didn't had Speedan then.
I have windows 10 x64 Home

Clintlgm
Level 14
You fan speed is controlled by your Motherboard BIOS, True These gaming notebooks run warm under full load. Fans stay quite Mine will run from 1900 to 4200 RPM I can barley hear it at 4200 I consider this a plus.
There is a fan control program that many are using NBFC I think is the name of it. Just search these forums there has been discussions on it over the last couple of years since the G752 came out. I don't game but running benchmarks "Test In" particularly 100% load load my CPU Temp tops out at 76c with fans running 4200 RPM fairly quite. Running furMark I get the same GPU and CPU running in low 70's

Sounds to me like your issues started with installing FL Studio, you may have to use an earlier Image of your SSD that you created and saved for times like this. So set your notebook back to a time before it got screwed up.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
You fan speed is controlled by your Motherboard BIOS, True These gaming notebooks run warm under full load. Fans stay quite Mine will run from 1900 to 4200 RPM I can barley hear it at 4200 I consider this a plus.
There is a fan control program that many are using NBFC I think is the name of it. Just search these forums there has been discussions on it over the last couple of years since the G752 came out. I don't game but running benchmarks "Test In" particularly 100% load load my CPU Temp tops out at 76c with fans running 4200 RPM fairly quite. Running furMark I get the same GPU and CPU running in low 70's

Sounds to me like your issues started with installing FL Studio, you may have to use an earlier Image of your SSD that you created and saved for times like this. So set your notebook back to a time before it got screwed up.

Yeah, It helped, I just made full restore to factory settings. Now fan works automatically depending on load.
I'll also check that app that you counceled. Thank you

Eleiyas, worked without bios resetting, but next time if I'll have such problem I'll try your way - It's easier (cause now I need to install some apps and games that was delated during reset).
P.S. yeap, Collab 😉

It's easier (cause now I need to install some apps and games that was delated during reset).

If you set up and maintain disk/ssd images you'll never have to reinstall your software again. unlike resetting to factory condition and using up a couple of hours or more of your time, You can just restore an image of your hard drive/SSD takes about 15 minutes of so and when complete you are right back exactly were you were when you created that Image. I personally keep full images and incremental to these images. I can roll back a day or 3 days or a week or a month or evern 6 months if nessary and only have to reinstall anything that was installed after the Image was created. I also use Macrium Reflect to do this. There are other Imaging/backup software out there use one and you'll be happy you did when these issue come up. I always run a Incremental or full image before any major windows updates or installing any software program. If something goes wrong your like 15 minutes to being fully recovered and running again.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Eleiyas
Level 10
I have FL Studio 12 and it only causes my fans to ramp up when using high-usage VST plugins or a lot of samples (HDD usage).

I am on a custom desktop though, so things differ slightly.

I have seen a lot of units with a bugged fan running at max RPM: 99% of the time I managed to fix the issue by simply resetting the BIOS to default.

P.S: Collab bro? x)

CerealKillerGuy
Level 7
@TroublesMader
I don't know about the fans, but I had CPU temps of 99C sometimes. I decided to disassemble my laptop (losing the warranty I had left of about 7 months, but I trust myself more than the guys at the repair points here in Romania) and repaste. I was very happy at first, the temps were way better in FireStrike (benchmark) but after playing Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, I found out my CPU and GPU would thermal throttle at <85C. I probably didn't do a good job covering the VRM's, I only used 0.5mm pads on them and I think they needed thicker ones. I just ordered 1.0 and 1.5mm ones and will do another repaste today, hoping for the best. So be careful about how you repaste if you decide to do it, the space between heatsink and VRMs is quite big.