ROG Member Array

PG258Q Line down the middle

I have experienced the well know line down the middle issue on my new monitor. It does not appear very frequently. When it appears, it is happening right after I boot into windows. Basically 2-3 pixels columns of the middle section are offseted to the left of the screen.
    Can we expect any firmware update soon?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos IMG_20170609_201145.jpg  

IMG_20170609_201221.jpg  

IMG_20170609_201158.jpg  

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

If AC or DC ON/OFF to reboot the monitor, flicker line can be removed.
    If it doesn't you're going to need to RMA the monitor to get a firmware update.

ROG Member Array

Well all of the instances of this problem I ve seen, can be resolved by switching off and on the monitor, but for the money invested in this and since it is a know problem of the g-sync module, I would expect to get a firmware update at some point!

ASUS HQ Service Rep Array Bill@ASUS's Avatar

Hello hrkalona
    Thank you for your inquiry, is there a clearer picture of the line? If you can point it out as well, that would be great.
    Thank you

ROG Member Array

Roullet randolph

Right now I dont have any more pictures of this, as it manifests very sporadically. I have to turn on and off my pc until it reapears. The first photo that I attached is pretty much self explainatory. I intentionally placed the circle of the firefox logo in the middle of the screen, so in the left you can see a part of that logo (in orange), the mouse also appers chopped off. If you zoom on the image you will see it more clearly.
    There is nothing new with this issue, but if you insist that you need more pictures, I will have to try to reproduce it.
    Last edited by hrkalona; 07-14-2017 at 09:17 AM.

ROG Member Array

Two more close-up images of the same issue, with the same configuration in place.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos IMG_20170725_203326.jpg  

IMG_20170725_203314.jpg  

New ROGer Array

Are you talking about the line to the left? If that is the case, my PG258Q does the same thing sometimes. It happens when I start the computer or run a game. Not all the times though. If it turn if off and on again, it disappears.

ROG Member Array

For me its only when I boot my pc, nevertheless it would be nice if we get a firmware update.

New ROGer Array

Thumbs up

Same problem with my pg258q.
    It happens every time I turn on the monitor .. I think the problem is embarrassing for the price of the monitor.
    Last edited by Filodream; 09-02-2017 at 03:26 AM.