cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why Centurion back sound so bad?

cykill3r
Level 7
I want to know why is back sounds so bad?

Its any bad settings that i have?

Is any one with the same problem?
40 REPLIES 40

Bill
Level 7
Hello cykill3r
Can you describe more about your question?
What do you mean by "why is back sounds so bad"? Do you mean the background music or something else?
what device do you use it with? What's your build? How do you set it up?
Any driver installed? What's your current configuration?
Please provide more information, thank you

Seems that subwoofer disables on Side channels and rear channels, in shooter games it sounds like someone is shooting in a tin can, sounds horrible, if the sub was active, it would prolly sound as it should

The subwoofer is actually not active at all, the fronts are doing the low frequencies, it works in windows sound tests but not in games.
Is there a setup that I have missed?

I'm having the same issues as well. Any noise or sounds in games that come from behind sound like they are in a tin can. Any known fixes? Have I missed a crucial setting somewhere?

Bill
Level 7
Hello All
This problem may happen when the audio box is set to 7.1 mode, but the game or music is still in stereo.
Please go through the following:
01.Check the game setting and make sure it is in 7.1 output
02.Check the control panel – sound, make sure the output is set to 7.1
03.Check the ROG Centurion audio box is set to 7.1 if the condition above are correct
If the game doesn’t support 7.1 output, please disable 7.1 mode on audio box, it will go to stereo mode
Thank you

Disabled 7.1 from the audio box and it went to stereo mode; the sub speaker doesn't activate.

Windows Sound CP detected and was able to activate the sub speaker but that's the only time I have seen it 'active'. In stereo mode shouldn't the sub drivers be used?

Even for stuff like music / movies it isn't active (working) which is a bit disappointing... am I doing something wrong? Is this working as intended? Will there be a firmware / driver fix in the near future as a resolution?

I've tried to change from 7.1 to stereo with no luck, sub is still not activated.
I've read about games and videos that are not surround supported.
Games that are supported that I've got and bothered to check are the Battle Field series, Ghost in the Shell: First assault, Call of Duty series, GT Legends...
I got more games, but even if they are set up to surround, It's still the same "tin can" sound for the side and back speakers. 😞

Bill
Level 7
Hello all
I see. I've reported this to our team and they would like to hear a sample of the "tin can" sound
Can you kindly help record a small sample of this issue? I'll pass the sample to our team for further analysis.
Thank you

That's a tough task, don't know how to do that.
Put a microphone in the earcup and do some shooting from front to back?