Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

I can also confirm I've been having this issue for months accross multiple games. Until now I've mostly put up with it, but I've recently started a new playthrough of witcher 3 and it is really noticable when people are talking behind you.

After carfully analysing it for the past 30minutes, it can best be discribed as previously mentioned, none of the rear audio is coming through the sub, leaving just the tin sounding high frequencies alone from the small 20mm rear speaker.

Sub does activate with all other directions including the side, just not the rear, meaning you can hear the sub fade and get weaker as you turn from side to rear.
    If only a low frequency sound plays, and you turn to face away from it, you will not hear anything at all.

New ROGer Array

+1 Well described as I have exactly the same problem.

Ex-employee Array

Can anyone provide some recordings of this issue? I was given explanation by our product manager that the rear drivers are smaller and since the drivers are placed very close together so the rear sound is not as clear as sound from other drivers.

The issue with the sub being off in stereo mode is confirmed through testing by our team as a bass level issue where the bass is too low so it sounds like the sub is off. They confirmed through testing that the sub is definitely on in stereo mode. We'll release a new FW to address this issue.

New ROGer Array

Just stopping by to say that Bahz is doing an awesome job ! This is the kind of support i want to see for higher end stuff. Just dont burn yourself out, its a hard job.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Valle View Post
    Just stopping by to say that Bahz is doing an awesome job ! This is the kind of support i want to see for higher end stuff. Just dont burn yourself out, its a hard job.
    I appreciate the kind words, I'm just doing my job but the credit goes to those who take the time to report the issues and provide us with as much details as possible so we can accurately identify the issue.

New ROGer Array

play pubg and the rear speakers get low when a person walk behind you and the sub sounds tinny as on my Logitech g633 you don't get this issue also on the Razer Tiamat true 7.1 doesn't have this issue also so this has top be a software issue or a hardware issue please fix this should be high priority FIX asap

New ROGer Array Krystvark PC Specs
    Krystvark PC Specs
    MotherboardZ170A GAMING M5
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
    Memory (part number)Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 2666 MHz 16gb
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GTX 1080
    Sound Card-
    Monitor(1) ROG PG348Q (3440x1440@100Hz)
    Storage #1Intel 600p m.2 ssd 512gb
    Storage #2Intel 600p m.2 ssd 512gb
    CPU CoolerCorsair Cooling Hydro H80i v2
    CaseAntec Eleven Hundred ATX
    Power SupplyCorsair CX750W V2
    Keyboard Logitech G105
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset ROG Centurion (still not working correctly)
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network Router-

I can confirm what SATTTY said. There is no bass on Side/rear speakers in games. Also when sound comes from behind the volume is really low. Same thing appears in every game i've tested, but when i tried these true 7.1 video or audio files, everything works perfectly. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Krystvark; 08-27-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Ex-employee Array

Thank you both for providing more details on this, it's very similar to what I experienced while playing CS:GO and Overwatch. I'll pass your feedback over to our audio team to review.

New ROGer Array

Yeah it happends in csgo overwatch bf1 ect and thanks for the update man

ROG Member Array

yeah the rear sound is also extreemly quite in the rear and cuts out here and there while turning

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast