cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix z270f Gaming - Program's/games not working

Big_Boy
Level 7
Hello,

I'm a bit out off testing methode for my system.

Asus Strix z270f gaming
intel i7 7700k
Asus Strix GTX1080 OG8
16 GB DRR4 3200Mhz (2x8GB)
Samsung SSD 960 m2 pci-e x4
Samsung SSD 950 512GB sata
Antec 850W Gaming

I have my system now for 6months, 2months ago some programs stoped working. So after doing some support mailing to the company they told me there were a lot of corrupted files in the crash reports. I also noticed when i was on the computer randomly i get "White pixels in the screen" also the windows program's didn't work or couldn't be started.

So i decided to reformat my system, the issue stays the same ... Then i was think maybe my older SSD 950 is broken so i bought a pci-e x4 issue stayed the same. Also did install my system on one of the Harddrives issue was the same. Then i was thinking maybe my USB installation disk is broken so i made a new one. in the mean time i already reinstald ohter systems whit those bootable usb whit no issue @ all.

I removed the Graphics card the and used the onboard Graphics same problem reformated (In system: mobo/cpu/ram/SSD m2 + Sata)
I removed memory and swapt between the 2 modules & banks every swap i did a reformat. (In system: mobo/cpu/ram/SSD m2 + sata)
I removed all Sata contected devices (1 SSD, 2 HD '2 a 3Tb') reformated same issue (in system: mobo/cpu/ram/SSD m2)

Tonight i'm going to unplug all front panel devices this will give me a system pure 'mobo/cpu/ram/SSD M.2' i also will test install the system on one of my HD's.

But then i'm out of ideas ...

Also did run a memtest for a whole night not 1 problem on ram.

Motherboard has been send back in RMA but came back nothing found (got i back after 5weeks i tested it the same issue so i sended it back after 5 weeks i got it back then i started debugging again like above)
CPU has been send back in RMA but came back nothing was found
7 REPLIES 7

Chino
Level 15

I did install today's the lastest one 1009

i did try without XMP, i'm installing on HD with no SSD in the system but stay's the same.

Now i gonne try unpluging and use a onboard USB port @ the back to install all front panel items and reformat the system.

I also dit try out Windows CU / AU / version before that all the same issue.

last test for now i'm giving up.

only CPU/mobo/ram/ssd or hd no front audio/usb/fans contected on motherboard

Issue stays the same.

system worked fine 2 months ago then it started with some programma's and games. Sometimes i have to install things twice or 3 times to get it even donne. The only thing i can test out is ohter power suply, but don't think it even has influence on the issue i have now.

I downloaded the new bios update from asus site, it couldn't even use it. I had to download it on ohter computer and use a USB stick to get it accepted.

Eleiyas
Level 10
The fact it's only certain programs and games not working would lead me to believe that something is going funky within the OS.

All drivers and Windows itself up-to-date?

Well i think i have found the issue ...

When i set my cpu tot 1 core only everything works fine, as soon as i say 2 or more the issue is there again.

gonne test out tomorrow for sure.

then i thinks it is a issue with the cpu i guess.

CPU is back on RMA