cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP before i lose my mind, g751jy kb issue

mc858
Level 8
hi guys, i hope you can help me out before i take this pos out back and burn it...i wont even get to what a crappy week its been for me, but for this to randomly happen is literally the icing on the cake

i have an ASUS ROG g751jy

its about a year old and ive had no issues, its in great shape and no liquids,etc are involved with whatever the hell happened

this morning i turned it on and for whatever reason my shift keys dont work properly anymore

when i press the left shift key the letters 'nbz' followed by a space pop up
when i press the right shift key the letters 'mvx' pop up and it automatically presses enter

what in the actual fk is this about. i cant find any other person that has the same problem and its really starting to piss me off

i turned on the 'on screen keyboard' to see if i could tell what was happening. whenever i push either one of the shift keys, the on screen keyboard shows both the ALT keys light up as if those were being pushed instead

can anyone please help me out here, this is literally the worst time for this to happen....ive never had anything like this happen to any of my laptops, it figures that the most expensive one ive ever wasted money on is causing me the headache right now

I'm really trying to avoid mailing it in and waiting 5 months because I need this laptop for work........PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME

I will probably not purchase anymore asus products if this is a hardware problem, the laptop already came with 1 dead pixel brand new. I'm seriously disappointed
13 REPLIES 13

Buellersdayoff
Level 7
mc858 wrote:
hi guys, i hope you can help me out before i take this pos out back and burn it...i wont even get to what a crappy week its been for me, but for this to randomly happen is literally the icing on the cake

i have an ASUS ROG g751jy

its about a year old and ive had no issues, its in great shape and no liquids,etc are involved with whatever the hell happened

this morning i turned it on and for whatever reason my shift keys dont work properly anymore

when i press the left shift key the letters 'nbz' followed by a space pop up
when i press the right shift key the letters 'mvx' pop up and it automatically presses enter

what in the actual fk is this about. i cant find any other person that has the same problem and its really starting to piss me off

i turned on the 'on screen keyboard' to see if i could tell what was happening. whenever i push either one of the shift keys, the on screen keyboard shows both the ALT keys light up as if those were being pushed instead

can anyone please help me out here, this is literally the worst time for this to happen....ive never had anything like this happen to any of my laptops, it figures that the most expensive one ive ever wasted money on is causing me the headache right now

I'm really trying to avoid mailing it in and waiting 5 months because I need this laptop for work........PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME

I will probably not purchase anymore asus products if this is a hardware problem, the laptop already came with 1 dead pixel brand new. I'm seriously disappointed
https://www.asus.com/us/support/faq/1010546/ this maybe?

Buellersdayoff wrote:
https://www.asus.com/us/support/faq/1010546/ this maybe?

first, thank you for the reply

but no , that's not the issue. ive never set up a profile on that, and I even checked to see if that was the issue and it wasn't

this seriously fking sucks. I thought asus was a trusted brand, but ive been looking up this issue and have found so many other issues with their laptops. I'm so disappointed I spent the amount I did on this, especially if its a hardware issue

Buellersdayoff
Level 7
Do you have any previous restore points to roll back to, in case it is a software/update issue, try booting into safe mode?

Buellersdayoff wrote:
Do you have any previous restore points to roll back to, in case it is a software/update issue, try booting into safe mode?

thanks for your reply again

I hooked up an external keyboard and it worked fine, so whatever happened is a hardware issue with the laptop

I cant even begin to describe how pissed off I am. ill never buy an asus product again after reading about all the issues they have. now lets see how many months it takes them to fix this pos and ship it back to me

i sent my laptop in for repairs

i really dont trust ASUS after everything ive read and dealt with (including the god awful customer service) so im going to use this thread to keep a log of how long it takes to repair my laptop and if its damaged when it comes back (like some of the other threads ive read)

i sent it in to get the keyboard fixed, as well as the dead pixel on my screen. i just dropped it off at UPS today (8/5) and its going to texas (i live in california)

lets see what happens

xeromist
*thread moved to notebook section*
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Well here is an update

apparently they recieved my notebook and its been under repair for this past week. no calls or email updates yet so hopefully everything is going smoothly. Hope its done soon

NeoBeum
Level 9
Sounds like azerty language input or region mismatch

Darnassus
Status Under Review
.. try not to rant on about never getting an Asus product ever again, everyone says that about X company when their computer fails.

My guess is you live in a hot area and the keyboard ribbon needs a reseat.