cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody tried Bios 306 on G752VM ?

Ifrin
Level 9
Does anybody install bios 306 on G752VM, or maybe know what changes in this version comparing to 302?
8 REPLIES 8

dragoonx007
Level 9
i haven't found any release note yet and it annoying the hell out of me

Ifrin
Level 9
Have to wait for some "brave owner", to test this new Bios.

i did and it runs cooler and alittle faster

dragoonx007 wrote:
i did and it runs cooler and alittle faster

Thanx, good to know.
What about fans (noise), are they spin any faster/louder than before?

Tried it today, just remember if you had to use an old bios to get support for a nvme pcie ssd, this bios will break your computer. Installed the bios and lost my ssd boot drive. Can't downgrade the bios easily. Support told me I was screwed, had to install windows back on the mechanical drive, still trying to downgrade bios using winflash /nodate, but every bios tool I am trying stops when I try to load the old version. Basically I am back to stock with a worthless SSD sitting in this shell. Not sure why ASUS builds bios that are so limitted and software tools that lock you out if basic functions. Silly.

ryandb2 wrote:
Tried it today, just remember if you had to use an old bios to get support for a nvme pcie ssd, this bios will break your computer. Installed the bios and lost my ssd boot drive. Can't downgrade the bios easily. Support told me I was screwed, had to install windows back on the mechanical drive, still trying to downgrade bios using winflash /nodate, but every bios tool I am trying stops when I try to load the old version. Basically I am back to stock with a worthless SSD sitting in this shell. Not sure why ASUS builds bios that are so limitted and software tools that lock you out if basic functions. Silly.

Just a quick update, finally found a way to load an old bios, in the bios flash utility, just type "risky" when it says in can't load an old bios. Stupid but it works, unfortunately can't get the SSD recognized still, probably would need to reinstall windows to that or modify the bios manually. Not worth it at this point, unfortunately this laptop is really slow without an SSD. No clue why they put M2 in the machine when they have such a hard time supporting it. If all your hardware is stock, 306 should work fine, but if you have changed anything be wary.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
306 working fine on G752VS. Unsure of the VM.

The 306 upgrade was actually pushed through ASUS Update tool. If yours is being pushed too, then it should be fine.

310 I am uncertain of, I'm not going to use it. Had too many issues thus far.

ryandb2
Level 8
I have no clue how, but today, while trying to fix a wake on lid issue, I went into the bios and had the option to run RAID or ACHI mode on the drives. System found the nvme ssd and booted to it... so weird. Well I guess I am up and running on bios 306.