cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA question for the vets

mc858
Level 8
hello guys, I made another thread about the problems I was having with my laptop https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95157-PLEASE-HELP-before-i-lose-my-mind

so I filed for an RNA - and this is the only electronic product ive ever had that's crapped out on me like this. ive never shipped anything back for warranty purposes. so my question is - what is the easiest method to backup all my files if I don't have an external hard drive

should I just reset my computer before I send it in

sorry , I cant use any characters that require the shift key because my keyboard is broken. so this is probably hard to read
3 REPLIES 3

kkn
Level 14
i dont know how mutch "data" you want to back up but if it is small amount you can do it on a flash stick if it would fit on there.
other then that maby a stationary pc if you have that or else you have to do it on a external drive.

TimeLion724
Level 8
Yeah, you should first back up all your data, this included all your files and pictures, etc. Then prepare the Laptop for RMA which might require you do a fresh install of windows.
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

They make SD cards and USB drives that have a fair amount of storage, however I would highly recommend getting an external HDD. They are fairly inexpensive, and very reliable. If anything, store what you can to the cloud.