Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ASUS G11CD Windows 10 Upgrade Not Working

Just curious if anyone else is having an issue upgrading Windows 10 ? I have a G11CD which is fine but anytime it downloads/installs the upgrade, when it comes up, my desktop is black and blank and nothing will work no matter where I click. I have to reset the PC to last usable environment. I just cut the upgrade attempts off. Not sure if I need this upgrade or not for the OS but if I can't use the system after the upgrade what's the point? It's not in warranty anymore so not sure ASUS would do anything. When I did call I was put on hold and no one came back. Has anyone installed this "Upgrade"? and if so are there any benefits that I would need for this system ? Thanks.

KC
    ASUS G11CD
    i7 - 6700 3.4Ghz
    DDR4 2133 16GB
    2TB (8GB Hybrid) + 256GB SSD SATA3
    NVidia GTX980 4GB DDR5
    Win10 64bit
    BlueRay/DVD Combo

ASUS HQ Service Rep Array Bill@ASUS's Avatar

Hello Chainz123
    Can you tell me what upgrade are you referring to?
    Any code name or a description of the upgrade?
    Or perhaps a photo or a screenshot?
    Is the upgrade issued by Microsoft? Have you consulted them yet?
    Otherwise, we don't know what upgrade you are talking about.

Thank you

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chilinmichael's Avatar

If you are trying to upgrade to the latest version of 10 (Creator's) you can try the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

This is different than using the upgrade via Windows.
    Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by chilinmichael View Post
    If you are trying to upgrade to the latest version of 10 (Creator's) you can try the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

This is different than using the upgrade via Windows.
    you want to uninstall creator and revert it. it is very problematic. will break dual monitor and couple of stuff . google it on how to revert.

Can't say I've heard of it breaking dual monitor, infact, works fine my two monitors. Haven't had a single issue.
    Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@ASUS View Post
    Hello Chainz123
    Can you tell me what upgrade are you referring to?
    Any code name or a description of the upgrade?
    Or perhaps a photo or a screenshot?
    Is the upgrade issued by Microsoft? Have you consulted them yet?
    Otherwise, we don't know what upgrade you are talking about.

Thank you
    I can't take a screenshot because the functions won't work. Wished I had snapped a pic with my phone. I get an upgrade message (It doesn't say Microsoft it just gives the message) that says Windows needs to install important security updates but first I have to upgrade to latest Windows version so it downloads...reboots...restarts a few times then finally comes to a login screen. Looks all normal. Once I login, the little spiral of circles goes on seems forever saying Loading Windows. Finally it logs in and my desktop is gone. The background is black with a recycle Bin icon at the top left. A Windows icon at the bottom left along with a magnifying glass search icon, and a task icon. Clicking on any of them does nothing. I also get an error message C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile is missing or unavailable. I also get Unknown Hard Error messages for sihost.exe and explorer.exe. I have to power system off, unplug it and hold the power button in for 30 seconds. I plug the power cord back in and it loads the last environment. I guess it's completely possible it could be a virus of some kind but I do run Anti-Virus. I'm not going to allow the attempted upgrade again. I thought I was missing security updates that I need for the OS.

I have Windows 10 Home
    64bit Build 10240
    Last edited by Chainz123; 08-31-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Can't say I've heard of it breaking dual monitor, infact, works fine my two monitors. Haven't had a single issue.
    Thanks I appreciate the reply. I have Windows 10 Home ...64bit.... Build 10240 Do I need to upgrade ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chainz123 View Post
    Thanks I appreciate the reply. I have Windows 10 Home ...64bit.... Build 10240 Do I need to upgrade ?
    Very much so. You are far behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very much so. You are far behind.

Thx man. Here I go. I created a Restore point just in case. *fingers crossed*

You can use the media creation toolkit from Microsofts site to install the latest version fresh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast