Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AISuite 3 Unusable, atkexComSvc @ 100% CPU usage

nightstrike
Level 7
M8E
Win7 x64
atkexComSvc: 1.02.03 (you should really bake the version into the EXE file details, btw)
AI Suite 3:

For a long time now, my Ai Suite3 has been completely unusable. It sits waiting on calls out to atkexComSvc, which is spinning the core it's on at 100%. Every so often, there's a few milliseconds of drop out on the service, at which point there's a flurry of GUI updates on AI Suite 3, and then it quickly goes back to being unresponsive. If left long enough, I will get continually spammed by dialog boxes saying something like "Can not load xxx", for files which are perfectly readable both from a file system integrity standpoint and from a permissions standpoint. What's interesting is that the file doesn't change until I kill and restart the program. It's a different file every time, but once it gets into a funk, it spams the errors about the same file. I reinstalled the latest version available from the website for my motherboard, and nothing changed.

I created a dump file for atkexComSvc from task manager, but the forum won't let me upload it here (It's 50M, compresses to 17M as zip, 14M as 7z).

If I look at what it's doing in Process Monitor, I see these four entries continually spammed:

8:10:35.8262972 PM	atkexComSvc.exe	120364	RegOpenKey	HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa	SUCCESS	Desired Access: Query Value
8:10:35.8263064 PM atkexComSvc.exe 120364 RegQueryValue HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\EveryoneIncludesAnonymous SUCCESS Type: REG_DWORD, Length: 4, Data: 0
8:10:35.8263192 PM atkexComSvc.exe 120364 RegCloseKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa SUCCESS
8:10:35.8263573 PM atkexComSvc.exe 120364 RegOpenKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa REPARSE Desired Access: Query Value

I see that there is a a cleaner tool linked to someone's google drive; Why isn't this part of the normal installation routine? If that really is required to fix the software, shouldn't that be part of a normal installation from the setup routine offered on asus.com?
1 REPLY 1

Bahz
Level 12
Please post all AI Suite 3 related issues in the original thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?62006-Windows-10-AI-Suite-3