cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[G751JT] Keyboard's backlight will not turn off

Linerax
Level 7
What happened was a few days ago I used a VGA cable and projected my desktop on to a TV. Afterwords, I cannot lower the brightness for my keyboard backlight. Not sure what happened or how to solve my issue. I still have ATK Package program installed which seems to control the backlight settings and other FN laptop functions from searching on the internet.

Edit: Found out re-installing the ATK Package will make the backlight work again.

https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/ROG_G751JT/HelpDesk_Download/
2 REPLIES 2

Linerax
Level 7
I have two more issues for the backlight and I forgot how to solve them and could not find any answers:

1. How to stop the backlight from automatically dimming?
2. How to turn off this annoying message when I change keyboard brightness?

Linerax wrote:
I have two more issues for the backlight and I forgot how to solve them and could not find any answers:

1. How to stop the backlight from automatically dimming?
2. How to turn off this annoying message when I change keyboard brightness?

1. The forum search is YOUR BEST OPTION for finding answers to popular question.
2. open msconfig and remove the tick for "ATKOSD2.exe" - this is the exe that controls the UI feedback for the FN keys.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]