cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PQ279Q - I am on my 4th monitor and the same issue is on them all.

Sayjimwoo
Level 7
I think ALL these monitors have this problem with scuffs on the screen caused by the foil card stuck to the screen in the top left corner. The below image are all scuffs under the foil card.
Why would Asus risk damage by doing this? I will go through 20 monitors if I have to. All the pics below are from under the card. The rest of the monitor is perfect. A bright light identifies these marks immediately.

There are 2 scuff marks on my first monitor

Scuff mark on second monitor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66520[/ATTACH

Scuff mark on third monitor.
W10 Pro - Phantek ATX Glass - Asus Maximus IX Formula - Zonar Phoebus - Intel i7 7700k - Corsair H115i - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - 1080ti Sea Hawk X - 3x Samsung 850 evo 1tb - 2x WD Black 2tb - Pioneer Blu-Ray - Corsair RM850 - Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Ultimate Stealth 2016 - BenQ XL2720Z 27 144hz Gaming Monitor - Oculus Rift
13 REPLIES 13

DeeDeePlease
Level 7
LMAO, a part of me wants to see you go through 4 more monitors before your 5 brain cells figure out that you can wipe that dirt off with a cloth.

Get a micro fiber cloth, breathe in the scuffs and they come right off.

LMAO

DeeDeePlease wrote:
LMAO, a part of me wants to see you go through 4 more monitors before your 5 brain cells figure out that you can wipe that dirt off with a cloth.

Get a micro fiber cloth, breathe in the scuffs and they come right off.

LMAO

And what did a damaged screen have to do with 5 brain cells !?.

Sayjimwoo
Level 7
They don't come off. Microfibre cloth, even a vigorous scrub with a wet wipe doesn't remove it.

Also, I didn't create this post to be INSULTED.
If you had a second brain cell, you would realise that trying to wipe it off is the obvious action someone would take.
W10 Pro - Phantek ATX Glass - Asus Maximus IX Formula - Zonar Phoebus - Intel i7 7700k - Corsair H115i - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - 1080ti Sea Hawk X - 3x Samsung 850 evo 1tb - 2x WD Black 2tb - Pioneer Blu-Ray - Corsair RM850 - Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Ultimate Stealth 2016 - BenQ XL2720Z 27 144hz Gaming Monitor - Oculus Rift

Bahz
Level 12
Sorry to hear about this issue, if you can please send me a PM with the 4 serial numbers for these monitors so I can pass it over to our service team to look into this. We haven't received any similar complaints recently so this needs to be looked into seriously. Thanks.

Apologies about the image rotation (uploading from phone as I have no monitor). This is my 7th panel and you can see the cards that are damaging the screen. The bezel is almost flush with the screen so the cards are up against it and scuffing it.
Are these necessary? The damage is normally caused by the big foil card but on this recent panel it is caused by the white sticker at the bottom of the screen. These are scratches rather than the usual scuffs.
This NEEDS to be addressed and the solution is simple. Stop sticking stuff to the screen.

Sayjimwoo
Level 7
Hello. Sorry for the delay in replying. Just to let you know I have now received 7 of these panels with the same issue (3 more since my original post). Asus are damaging their own screens by these needless stickers in the packaging stage of production. I will PM you my recent serial number today along with a new image of the damage.

Sayjimwoo
Level 7
After 7 failed attempts to find an unscratched monitor I have admitted defeat and purchased the equivalent spec'd monitor from a competitor and the first one was perfect. Their stickers were placed correctly on the bezel and not splattered across the delicate screen. My entire PC contains everything ROG (my signature is slightly out of date) and I wanted my monitor to be the same but that wasn't to be.
I hope Asus can change these stickers so I can go back to them in the near future. Bahz can you please escalate this?

Sayjimwoo wrote:
After 7 failed attempts to find an unscratched monitor I have admitted defeat and purchased the equivalent spec'd monitor from a competitor and the first one was perfect. Their stickers were placed correctly on the bezel and not splattered across the delicate screen. My entire PC contains everything ROG (my signature is slightly out of date) and I wanted my monitor to be the same but that wasn't to be.
I hope Asus can change these stickers so I can go back to them in the near future. Bahz can you please escalate this?

I'll definitely pass the information over, it would be great if we can get as many of the previous S/Ns as possible so they can collect it back for inspection.

I was thinking of buying one of these before seeing this. Damn.