cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS 1403 Failed but Repaired

anerlith
Level 7
I just wanted to let everyone know that when I tried to update the BIOS to the 1403 version it bricked my motherboard, but I managed to flash back to the older 1201 version. It took 7 tries using the flash button on the IO panel but it did go back. Be careful and if it does happen to fail, try at least 10 times to flash back to the previous version as it might not work the first few times.
3 REPLIES 3

TheTopMostDog
Level 7
I, personally, had no issue updating mine a little while ago, so make sure you're using a quality USB and that there were no hiccups while downloading the bios. Thanks for the heads up, anyway.

I tried again with a different usb drive and the same thing. Q code of F1 but only took one try with the 1201 to go back this time. I'm going to be skipping this version. I've been a certified tech for 12 years and haven't seen a motherboard reject a bios as much as this board. This is my second one because I got the first one the day it came out and when the updated bios came out for it, it was completely bricked and had to exchange it.

PeZzy
Level 7
Just make sure you hold down the CMOS reset button in the back prior to flashing any BIOS.