cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Headset Import Tax Duty?

Gaz936
Level 8
First of all, thank you to ASUS for the new headset, this is really appreciated.

But secondly, many users, not only here in the UK, but also overseas are now it seems going to be stung by an import tax duty. Mine in the UK for example is £17.

How does ASUS propose to reimburse that?

It's one thing to end up with a product that was not fit for purpose, but then to have to pay more to actually have the replacement isn't what one would expect.

I would like to know ASUS's comments on this please?
10 REPLIES 10

BoutTime01
Level 7
Just wondering......have they fixed the issue with the headset? Centurion mic I presume?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bahz
Level 12
Gaz936 wrote:
First of all, thank you to ASUS for the new headset, this is really appreciated.

But secondly, many users, not only here in the UK, but also overseas are now it seems going to be stung by an import tax duty. Mine in the UK for example is £17.

How does ASUS propose to reimburse that?

It's one thing to end up with a product that was not fit for purpose, but then to have to pay more to actually have the replacement isn't what one would expect.

I would like to know ASUS's comments on this please?

The duties and taxes should be charged to ASUS account, this issue is due to courier not clear about this and charging the receiver. I was told by the person in charge that it was marked for all shipments that all taxes and duties are charged to ASUS account.

Bahz
Level 12
For those who paid the duties and taxes, we've already contacted DHL to charge the amount to us and refund the amount back to you. This process may take some time but we already put in the instructions with DHL.

Bahz wrote:
For those who paid the duties and taxes, we've already contacted DHL to charge the amount to us and refund the amount back to you. This process may take some time but we already put in the instructions with DHL.

Awesome, great news, thanks Bahz...

Bahz wrote:

Any update on this?
I just called DHL in sweden regarding my invoice but it is still active in my name.

Ljugtomten wrote:
Any update on this?
I just called DHL in sweden regarding my invoice but it is still active in my name.

It's currently being processed so it should take a few weeks before they can process the refunds.

Bahz
Level 12
I wanted to update everyone that we received response from DHL global and DHL local that they're unable to assist with the reimbursement process so we'll be refunding customers directly by wire transfer.

Please send me a PM with this following information if you already received the headset and have paid the duties and taxes.

1) Full Name (the one registered to your bank account):
2) DHL Tacking Number:
3) Copy of the DHL Duties and Tax Invoice:
4) Bank Name:
5) Bank Account Number:
6) Swift/BIC:
7) IBAN (EU only):

For all those who have not received the replacement yet, please accept the shipment even if there are associated duties and taxes. We will make sure that you're reimbursed the full amount, please just hold onto the invoice.

Bahz
Level 12
Another update as we have been confirmed that many local banks "may" charge a fee for the wire transfer and it appears most of the fees are quite high and may exceed the tax and duties refund.

We will require each person to confirm if they accept these possible fees from the local bank before we will move forward with the wire transfer. If you do not accept then please provide me with your Paypal account.

For those who haven't contacted me yet and would like to be refunded by the Paypal method, please provide me with the following information:
1) Full Name
2) DHL Tacking Number:
4) Paypal account

Thanks.

Bahz
Level 12
Another update as we have been confirmed that many local banks "may" charge a fee for the wire transfer and it appears most of the fees are quite high and may exceed the tax and duties refund.

We will require each person to confirm if they accept these possible fees from the local bank before we will move forward with the wire transfer. If you do not accept then please provide me with your Paypal account.

For those who haven't contacted me yet and would like to be refunded by the Paypal method, please provide me with the following information:
1) Full Name
2) DHL Tacking Number:
4) Paypal account

Thanks.