cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX 1080 TI OC losing signal

hoangky
Level 7
Hello,

My monitors are randomly losing signal when I open a game call PUBG and I have to reboot for monitor to work again. When the monitor loses signal I can hear the gpu fans spinning faster. Any advice? This GPU was bought like 2 months ago
10 REPLIES 10

Seem like it. it happen like 5 times already. When I start the game both my monitor lose signal. Once it lost signal while in the game.

mdzcpa
Level 12
If this is only happening with PUBG, I suggest a fresh install of the game, and/or a fresh install of the video card driver.

cljustin
Level 8
If this is only happening with PlayerUNKNOWN'S Battlegrounds, then try reinstalling the game.

I reinstall the game and it is still happening. It is happening to other games I am playing also. When the screen goes to no signal I can hear my video card fan run at full speed.

JargonHolpick
Level 7
I ran in almost the same situation as you. So I could only share what I done to find out what was happening.
Another person here had some issues with an HDMI cable.
In my case I connect my monitor through DisplayPort and my graphicscard's driver was reset every time I ran into a black screen.
Conclusion, unstable factory OC'd. A new card did the trick.

Here's my advice:
"Guessing you run Windows10: Press Windows(button)+R(button) to open the Run Dialog.
Next enter eventvwr or eventvwr.msc and tap OK.

Next you should see your event viewer.
Under Windows Logs you've got a tab that says System.
Open that tab and if you know the exact timestamp of the previous videosignal lost, I guess you would find a red circle with an exclamation mark in it.
Next to it there would be time and date and source of the error.
If you click on the line with the fault you'll get a more detailed page with written on it why, what, where that error occurred.

Easiest way is to openup the eventviewer right after the error happens.
Don't use taskmanager to skip the black screen but wait until your desktop reappear.

Share what you see there"

Goodluck

On event viewer there is no error message at all. The screen would not come back. I have to reset the computer everytime it happen.

RGB2
Level 7
hoangky wrote:
Hello,

My monitors are randomly losing signal when I open a game call PUBG and I have to reboot for monitor to work again. When the monitor loses signal I can hear the gpu fans spinning faster. Any advice? This GPU was bought like 2 months ago

Hi my friend

i having this exact same issue with asus 1080ti OC 😞 (black screen monitors, fans to 100% after black screen). After the first crash I restarted and it happened again after about 30 seconds. is your problem fixed?

RGB2 wrote:
Hi my friend

i having this exact same issue with asus 1080ti OC 😞 (black screen monitors, fans to 100% after black screen). After the first crash I restarted and it happened again after about 30 seconds. is your problem fixed?

Sometimes...same here.

But I think it's more of a problem with some drivers or games.
You can do it 1 day a week, and I play every day ... now more than 1 month ago it does not happen to me. And now that I think about it, it's not done since the Windows update ... I think.
It did not happen to me with all the games.
I use the 1080ti and Acer X34 Gsync.