cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Zenith fit in Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV ATX GLASS case?

samhcl
Level 7
As subject, I am planning for Threadripper set, really want to know if my case ablt to install this E-ATX broad. 😄

Thank you very much.
6 REPLIES 6

Vlada011
Level 10
ASUS Zenith Extreme will fit in Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX.
Only you will need to find alternative way for 24pin and 2x8 pin CPU power cables because board will hide good part of holes with rubber grommets.
Maybe you will need to remove rubber... Problem is because whole motherboard tray is not flat.
But this is pretty good evidence that you could use Zenith Extreme...
Rampage V Edition 10 is E-ATX same size as Zenith Extreme and this look like EVOLV ATX

I suggest you to find single sleeve cable set and install first cables through holes and than board over cables.
2x8 pin are immediately above 24pin and they could stay together with velcro tape.

DO NOT TRY THAT 'CAUSE BY ME IT WAS NOT A SUCCESS AT ALL.

Zenith Extreme is about 0.5 cm wider than normal E-ATX motherboard and it has a VERY thick back-plate and LED bar on the right edge, which will definitely interference with the ENTHOO EVOLV's slope for cable-management. Just like shown in my uploaded photo. Forcedly mounting your motherboard -according to my observation- will 100% bend and damage your board.

SO AVOID DOING THIS AT ALL COST

Nukedomian wrote:

Thanks a lot for your experience share! Which are important and useful information to me.

So follow by your case, you are still using the case and Zenith without using the last 2 screws of the motherboard? (as you mentioned that to avoid damaging the broad)

But I can imagine that the broad will be still a little bit banding at the tail side? just a bit concern that may still any negative effect for long term.

Would you mind or consider to check if removing the back panel of the motherboard will be less "banding the tail" or even just right fit in?

Thanks again !

Vlada011
Level 10
I didn't know that board have backplate. Without backplate she would fit inside.
I saw one nice cheap case capable to accept E-ATX and bigger In Win 303.
I don't know why manufacturers are so crazy and destroy possibility to people.
Many good cases with huge space are limited to ATX board.
It's unknown why they didn't think on E-ATX or even bigger server motherboards when motherboard tray is obvious enough.
They limit with some nasty details and destroy possibility to people.
Rampage V Edition 10 is 27.2cm
Zenith Extreme is 27.7cm

On some older cases longer removable longer standoff would help probably to compensate that but GPU could be problem than.
https://www.moddiy.com/products/Premium-M3-Motherboard-Hex-Stand%252dOff-%285mm-to-60mm%29.html

Vlada011 wrote:
I didn't know that board have backplate. Without backplate she would fit inside.
I saw one nice cheap case capable to accept E-ATX and bigger In Win 303.
I don't know why manufacturers are so crazy and destroy possibility to people.
Many good cases with huge space are limited to ATX board.
It's unknown why they didn't think on E-ATX or even bigger server motherboards when motherboard tray is obvious enough.
They limit with some nasty details and destroy possibility to people.
Rampage V Edition 10 is 27.2cm
Zenith Extreme is 27.7cm ...

Thanks a lot for the information, now I know that the case supported around 27.2cm EATX motherboard in maximum.