cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming Mobo & G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000Mhz RAM

nyihtway
Level 7
Hi All,
My first post here. So pls don't grill me if I'm out of bound.

I built a new PC few days ago. This is the spec (click here)

In short, it is Ryzen5 1600 + ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming + G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000Mhz 16GB RAM Kit (parts# F4-3000C16D-16GTZR). Problem is, I can't OC the RAM to get the desired speed (2993 Mhz in D.O.C.P). I've updated the bios to latest version available (0806). In Advance A.I. Tweak settings, I select D.O.C.P and the timings and VRAM voltage appears correctly. But the system can't boot successfully. It will tell me that overclocking failed and tell me to reset the settings in BIOS.

I'm new to ROG and Ryzen so I've got no clue how to configure it right. Any help will be much appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

tommiboi
Level 7
Dont know much about the new AMD setups. But I see a lot problems with DDR4 settings running at there promised speeds. This is mostly solved with manual dail in.

So check the specs and put them in manually. Mostly that works. Dont forget the the voltage for your ram.
Try more, Try harder, Try and previal

hi there, did you manage to get it to work? I recently put together a system with a B350 Strix as well but unable to bring the RAM speed to the promised 3200Mhz.. currently using G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200Mhz CL16 ram.. would like to know how to go about it as well.