ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

ROG AREION 10G Drivers

Hi
    I have ordered an ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme, where the NIC ROG Areion 10G is bundled and was preparing my Windows Deployment Server with drivers. (Server 2016).
    The drivers available at https://www.asus.com/se/Motherboard-...Desk_Download/ cannot be imported in the WDS server, and by that PXE boot to install the operating system (Win10 X64) will not work using that network card.

Are you planning to release updated drivers soon, where the drivers are correct and not bundled in a separate installation program? (Extracted them from the .msi)

Edit: Nevermind, forgot to rename files from _extension to .extension after extracting from MSI.. Imported OK in WDS and let's hope PXE works then motheboard are delivered on wednesday.

Edit2: I can confirm that the drivers from the MSI works in WDS for Server 2016 when using PXE boot.
    After installation of OS, a reinstall of the drivers with the normal installation program is recommended, as it sometimes takes a while after Win10 is launched until network connectivity is up if driver is not installed after OS..
    Last edited by Ljugtomten; 08-20-2017 at 11:35 AM. Reason: wrong info from me

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Congratulations on the purchase of your new ROG Zenith Extreme and Areion! If there are any questions, just let us know. Enjoy!

New ROGer Array

ROG AREION 10G with Ubuntu Linux

Does anyone have experience using the ROG AREION 10G with Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 in particular)?

So far we haven't been able to get this working reliably. I'm using a driver from DR_XG_C100C_5005_Linux.zip which compiles to module file 'atlantic.ko'. Once installed with insmod we have a ethernet device. Currently we're connecting two ROG AREION 10G NIC devices on two separate computers directly with a Cat 6a cable (we've removed the 10GbE hub to reduce the number of variables in our problem).

We can get the machines to ping each other for a short while, but any significant file transfers fail, and the machines need to be rebooted before any packets can be exchanged again.

I would love to chat to anyone that has successfully used this card with Linux at the 10Gbps rate.

Regards,

Joe

Update: we've re-introduced the switch, and we can now maintain a connection, but performance is really really poor (sub 10Mbps). I have a hunch we have the wrong driver for this card (perhaps it's for another with a simliar chipset).
    Last edited by jdesbonnet; 09-26-2017 at 04:03 PM.