cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 1070 OC BLURRY graphics

random630
Level 7
Hello,

I'm new to the forums. Sorry this post is rather long.

I recently purchased an Asus ROG Strix 1070 OC and I have noticed that my monitor appears BLURRY. Games look awful at 1080p, 60fps, on appropriate graphics settings. I previously owned an Asus GTX 770 OC and the graphics looked BETTER with the 770 than they do with my new 1070. All of my hardware and, to my knowledge, relevant software is the same as it was with my 770. The only difference is the new graphics card and accompanying drivers. The current nvidia drivers were clean installed. I have NEVER manually overclocked the graphics card. My monitor is plugged in via a DVI cable. Sadly, the monitor is old and I don't think it supports HDMI or Display Port. I also have a TV plugged in via HDMI. I cannot afford to purchase a gaming monitor yet. I’m running Windows 7, so I’m forced to use DirectX 11. I have taken the GPU out and put it back in to make sure it is connected properly to the motherboard. I have also tried using a different power cable and a different DVI cable. The problem has not been resolved.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Do I need to RMA the card? Any advice is appreciated!

TLDR: Asus ROG 1070 OC graphics look worse than Asus GTX 770 OC graphics on the same hardware.

System Specs:
Monitor: Dell P2412H
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1070 OC
Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
Wifi Adapter: Asus PCE-AC68 Dual Band PCI-E Adapter
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (Red) 16GB 2400MHz
SSD: Intel 530
HDD: WD Black 2TB
PSU: Corsair AX760
3 REPLIES 3

Eleiyas
Level 10
pictures of the issue might help diagnose the issue here.

Korth
Level 14
It's probably something in the NVIDIA settings.

If your desktop appears "clear" while your games appear "blurry" then try reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers and/or DirectX, then reinstalling the games.

Confirm your GPU card is firmly seated. And that your video cable is making proper contact at both ends, and that it isn't adjacent to power-carrying cables or other sources of electrical noise. (DVI is susceptible to inductive interference, HDMI has some hardening against noise, DP uses bidirectional error-correction which makes it "immune" to noise.)

Your monitor OSD probably has a "sharpness/blur" setting you can adjust.

Try the monitor on another computer. A hardware fault might be caused by anything in the monitor, the GPU card, or the cable between them - you shouldn't RMA any piece of hardware until you are certain it has a problem.

Agreed with @Eleiyas - some screenshots or photos would help, a picture is worth a thousand words, lol.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Thanks for the quick response. I'm following some of your advice and think I might have resolved the issue. Will update this when I know more.