cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270i: WHITE LED on after SLEEP + Orange Led always on.

roganaut
Level 8
Hi,

I wonder what is the function of the Orange Led which is undocumented and all the time on. Except PSU off.
Latest Bios 0810 and CMOS reset done.
No issues so far.
It might be the Power Led but there is no pwr_led depiction on board as far as I can see.

Next question : The White Led (VGA) is staying on after the computer wakes up from SLEEP (Windows 10).
Will this issue be solved?

[UPDATED and inserted a White Led picture]

https://i2.rozetka.ua/goods/2037503/asus_strix_z270i_gaming_images_2037503946.jpg
17 REPLIES 17

Chino
Level 15
Maybe it indicates that the 24 pin power cable is plugged in correctly. Who knows. Probably nothing to worry about. 🙂

Bill
Level 7
Hello roganaut
Thank you for your inquiry. That LED indicator is in fact a standby power LED, please see the description below, thank you:)

@Bill@Asus
Thank you so much Bill for the clarification.

Next question : The White Led (VGA) is on. What does this mean?
It seemed to happen after stand-by but now the White Led is glowing constantly for no obvious reason.

i7-7700K
Asus Z270i
Nvidia GTX 980 TI

Yes, i also like to know that because i have the same issue. White LED is on after standby.
The only way to reset this LED is reboot.
On the first release of the BIOS it was a different LED that was lighting after standby. With the latest release it is the VGA one.

7700k-Z270i-GTX1060

roganaut wrote:
@Bill@Asus
Thank you so much Bill for the clarification.

Next question : The White Led (VGA) is on. What does this mean?
It seemed to happen after stand-by but now the White Led is glowing constantly for no obvious reason.

i7-7700K
Asus Z270i
Nvidia GTX 980 TI

Hello
according to the pic I posted, it indicates problems with the graphic card
Is there any issue with your graphic card? On standby or on load?
Which BIOS version are you using currently?
Does reinserting the graphic card make the LED go out?
Would it glow even if the PC is off?
Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello
according to the pic I posted, it indicates problems with the graphic card
Is there any issue with your graphic card? On standby or on load?
Which BIOS version are you using currently?
Does reinserting the graphic card make the LED go out?
Would it glow even if the PC is off?
Thank you

Hi Bill,

it's the latest BIOS 0810. EVGA GTX 980 Ti.
Naturally I've read your key of POST LEDs which you thankfully inserted and was sure it indicates something with my video card.
The White LED (VGA test) is flashing shortly during the normal POST procedure, turns off and stays off hereafter. And the LED is off after Shut-Down. So there's nothing to complain.

By the way I've identified the culprit:
The White LED is on and stays on as soon as the system recovers from Stand-by.

So for some reason the BIOS does not recognize my video card after Stand-by though it's working flawlessly.

roganaut wrote:
Hi Bill,

it's the latest BIOS 0810. EVGA GTX 980 Ti.
Naturally I've read your key of POST LEDs which you thankfully inserted and was sure it indicates something with my video card.
The White LED (VGA test) is flashing shortly during the normal POST procedure, turns off and stays off hereafter. And the LED is off after Shut-Down. So there's nothing to complain.

By the way I've identified the culprit:
The White LED is on and stays on as soon as the system recovers from Stand-by.

So for some reason the BIOS does not recognize my video card after Stand-by though it's working flawlessly.

I have exacly the same issue with a different videocard (ASUS GTX 1060)
It is clearly a BIOS thing because the issue occured first with a beta BIOS (0808 or 0809) from this forum. The 0704 version did not have this issue.

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello roganaut
Thank you for your inquiry. That LED indicator is in fact a standby power LED, please see the description below, thank you:)

Is there a possibility to switch the LED off when the PC is notrunning? If not, is there a possibility to switch the LED off if the PC is running?

Thanks

Edit: I'm using a ASUS Z370i if thats important

agony22
Level 7
roganaut wrote:
Hi,

I wonder what is the function of the Orange Led which is undocumented and all the time on. Except PSU off.
Latest Bios 0810 and CMOS reset done.
No issues so far.
It might be the Power Led but there is no pwr_led depiction on board as far as I can see.
https://i2.rozetka.ua/goods/2037503/asus_strix_z270i_gaming_images_2037503946.jpg

Can you please take a photo of this Noctua cooler ? and what memory clearance does it have ?