cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus N550JV 1 core 100% usage problem - solved?

GeorgeKps
Level 7
Hello everyone

I have a strange problem with the laptop of my friend. She wanted to switch the DVD RAM and replace it with an SSD drive and so we did. Then we installed Windows 10 but there's a huge problem. 1 core is constantly between 80-100%, the CPU temperature goes through the roof (73c) and no matter what i did, this cannot be changed.
I tried reinstalling Windows 10. I tried updating drivers and not updating. I even installed Windows 10, gave no internet access to the computer and still 1 core was at 100%. The battery is dropping in less than an hour (which is normal since the CPU is constantly running at full speed).

The BIOS version is 208.

I would like some help because all this is really frustrating.

Thank you in advance
2 REPLIES 2

GeorgeKps
Level 7
Welpl, it seems that ti was all a problem of the switch.

So, i'll leave this here in case some1 searches the internet for a similar problem. The caddy i used, the Digitus DA-71108 has a switch right next to the HDD/SSD connector which needs to be in the middle position for the caddy to operate normally. Don't ask me why Digitus doesn't anything about it, i mean there is absolutely NO mention of it...

So, switch to middle place, problem solved

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
GeorgeKps wrote:
Welpl, it seems that ti was all a problem of the switch.

So, i'll leave this here in case some1 searches the internet for a similar problem. The caddy i used, the Digitus DA-71108 has a switch right next to the HDD/SSD connector which needs to be in the middle position for the caddy to operate normally. Don't ask me why Digitus doesn't anything about it, i mean there is absolutely NO mention of it...

So, switch to middle place, problem solved

Thanks for your feedback. 🙂