cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor "broken"? Swift PG278Q

ASUSpower
Level 7
Hey!

I drove home today which took like 2 hours, and my monitor was in the backseat. Upon carrying into my house from the car, I noticed this line of tape/steel thing inside the crack on the foot it self (Sorry, I don't know what it's called in English). Is something broken? Cause I feel the monitor doesn't go its full length down nor up. But that might just be my mind tricking me. Here are some photos:

3 REPLIES 3

Korth
Level 14
My PG278Q doesn't have that signal ribbon ... well it probably does inside the chassis plastics, not externally visible like yours. Was it always like that?

It shouldn't have kinks, folds, or bends in it: these might break tiny wires inside. It can flex a bit - that's what it's designed to do - but plastics wear thin and metal fatigue eventually pulls conductors apart.

I'd say that if your monitor appears to work perfectly then no damage done. If you can extend the stand up or down without seeing it pull this ribbon tight then it's nothing to worry about.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
My PG278Q doesn't have that signal ribbon ... well it probably does inside the chassis plastics, not externally visible like yours. Was it always like that?

It shouldn't have kinks, folds, or bends in it: these might break tiny wires inside. It can flex a bit - that's what it's designed to do - but plastics wear thin and metal fatigue eventually pulls conductors apart.

I'd say that if your monitor appears to work perfectly then no damage done. If you can extend the stand up or down without seeing it pull this ribbon tight then it's nothing to worry about.

Hey! Sorry for the late response, just got home from work. And that ribbon has never been there before, I put the monitor inside my car safely, and upon carrying inside, I felt this ribbon thing sticking out a bit there. The monitor goes up and down without any problems/resistance. Also, there's no visual problems with the screen it self, it works as usually. It's just that the ribbon is kind of hanging in a bow out of it's space. I can push it down so it doesn't kink as much, and straightens up, but I'm not sure, since I don't think it's supposed to be there in a first place. 😛

Thanks for your response, I will be very careful about it though, and just leave it as it is for now at least. Cheers mate!

cljustin
Level 8
That ribbon is for the for RED led light., You can open up your stand and put it back in.