New ROGer Array

INSTALL Window7 on Maximus ix Extreme Pcie M2 evo 960 drive

Hi.
    I have spent hours trying to install Windows 7 Pro onto my new build computer, a Maximus ix Exstreme with two Samsung 960 Pro Evo PCIe M2 drives.
    Why do i want Windows 7, becuase i use Fiight Sim FSX,
    I want a daul boot system with WINDOWS 7 on one PCIe M2 and WINDOWS 10 on the other PCIe M2
    I have another computer with a Dual layer Burner to make Bootable DVD or USBs but i am not getting anywhere yet.
    The samsung drives are in a zip folder, can,t get at them, Have downloaded intel USB Creator, have ISO of Windows 7 but unable to even get W7 to start just goes to Bios page.
    Anyone, Full Step by Step instructions, this has become a mightmare.
    Many Thanks.
    Alan

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...267.1503333087

Don't forget to put your NVMe driver on a pendrive because Windows will probably ask for it during the step where you choose a medium to install to.

New ROGer Array

P

Hi Chino.
    Those Samsung drivers I have downloaded the latest drivers from the Samsung web site and they are in zipped folders,
    I can not extract the files, I think they have to see a Pcie *Samsung SSD for permission before the extraction can begin, *
    Unless you have some other way of opening the zip folder, I have tried Win Zip but it says it can not open it.

Regards
    Alan*

New ROGer Array

Hi Chino.
    I have given up for the moment, but the link you posted appears to have the extracted Samsung driver downloads, these will I hope solve my problem, will have a go next week, But thank you for your time and trouble and effort.
    Kind Redgards Alan retired pilot.*