cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why should I get a ROG Zenith Extreme?

isupeene
Level 7
I'm preparing a build for a gaming / video editing PC using Threadripper 1950X. I've scoped my motherboard choices down to the Asus ROG Zenith Extreme and the ASRock Fatal1ty.

What are the reasons I should get a ROG Zenith Extreme over a Fatal1ty ?
2 REPLIES 2

Vlada011
Level 10
Because ASUS make best motherboards. 😄 With biggest number of records and awards worldwide.
People who pay attention on details much easier used to ASUS boards and their BIOS.
They are not so popular in motherboard section without reason.
Most important features as ASUS OC socket, T-Topology memory design for better overclocking and stability of memory, and others are first seen on ASUS motherboards and than on others. Excellent power section, best onboard audio, chaning motherboard BIOS without CPU, RAM, and GPU, without picture on scree with Flashback method,
in all of them ASUS is in advantage to others same as visual innovation. Now you have DIMM.2 module for fan holder for two M.2 SSD drives, heatsink with thermal pads for cooling M.2 you can check on net it's fantastic same as DIMM.2. RGB Aura is great for people who like that, personally for me is not so important but it's great organized with software... Generally all ASUS softwares for ROG motherboards are great organized and nice design and color scheme. But I like little OLED panel, he could show CPU frequency, temperature, fan speed and such things...and backplate because motherboard look stronger and more powerfull. Worse thing you can see in bending on corners of motherboards or bendings because huge coolers.

And ASUS first invented cover for ports on RIVE Black, pre-mounted i/o shileds on RVE10 and now similar things use and other manufacturers.
When you know such things than you have confidence to buy their products no matter if all of premium motherboards have similar functions.
Off course no one will leave customers without M.2 or USB 3.1 or weak power section, but if I need to bet on best stability I would bet on ASUS.
I tried and other motherboards, with some of them I had problems, with some of them not, but never found such familiar BIOS to me and always I miss some function, even if I dont use them, why to choose producer who don't know to implement them over other who offer them to customers no matter if they use or not.
They could say for us is priority overclocking and simplicity, but it's true that they don't have resources to design, build and implement some functions and options on motherboards.
Big plus for me example is because I recognize that ASUS have best minds among designers.
and everyone recognize that. Off course and strongest OC team is ROG and I want their motherboards.

X399 Fatality is one good motherboard from higher class, ATX format, but not premium as ROG Zenith Extreme.
Maximus Extreme, Rampage Extreme, Crosshair Extreme are best platform for Intel mainstream, Intel Xtreme and AMD processors, now first AMD motherboard I saw ever in class of Rampage Extreme series is Zenith Extreme. Information say I didn't know but she is even bigger than Rampage V Edition 10, better to say wider because they need more space for install everything they want.

For me personally is important ASUS Power Design, E-ATX format because PC look more attractive and powerfull than ATX, little OLED for different informations.
DIMM.2 with fan header because M.2 work on 80-90C, option for installation M.2 below heatsink and he will be far cooler, ASUS BIOS, Flashback option, software design and glory of motherboards. That's important for me, for other maybe some other things. There is ROG 10G Card and x4 PCI-E slot for her same as small PCI-E x1 slot for dedicate sound card.
Threadripper have many PCI-E lanes and it's no problem. PCI-E x4 slot could serve and for something else. There is different adapters who need x4 PCI-E slot.
They are always better option then using big slot reserved for graphic cards.

Vlada011
Level 10
ROG Zenith is first chance to people who want AMD CPU install in same class motherboard as Rampage series.
Crosshair was great and best option for people who want AMD CPU, but not like this.
Like I sad, if someone want premium he choose Maximus Extreme, Crosshair Extreme or Rampage Extreme.
1950X is premium CPU, best in own class and now have own mobo Zenith Extreme.
If AMD continue with nice processors maybe Zenith become new series and later we will see Zenith II Extreme, Zenith III Extreme, etc...
Maximus 10 will be launched next. That's nice tradition, they are strongest team in IT industry without doubt.