cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL553 - Popping Sound after Installing Software?

ZYong
Level 7
Yesterday I installed a program from a CD, but I accidentally installed its JAVA program in another hard drive. When I opened the program, I heard some zapping sound from my laptop. I have uninstalled the program until I can make sure what it did or what I did to my laptop. This is my first laptop and I am afraid that I broke something. If anybody know what's wrong please tell me.:(
8 REPLIES 8

ZYong
Level 7
Correction. It's not zapping sound, it's popping. Like you pop the bubble wrap.

BoutTime01
Level 7
Popping speakers seem to be synonymous with ROG Gaming laptops. My G752VT has the same issue. It appears noone really knows how to solve it. Reinstalling the audio drivers was once a fix but the issue came back.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

wsnwi
Level 7
I have the same problem, but nothing helped yet. Tried everything. Installing windows 8.1, windows 10 again. It might be a problem causing by the driver. Ubuntu works fine. No popping sound. It seems to be realtek.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

I completely fixed this isue by removing completely Realtek Audio drivers and using only the deafult windows 10 audio drivers.

Hope it helps.

Kompensan wrote:
I completely fixed this isue by removing completely Realtek Audio drivers and using only the deafult windows 10 audio drivers.

Hope it helps.

Which is fine if you don't use the Asus ROG Audio Software. Do the Windows drivers sound any different? Does the subwoofer still work ok?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

wsnwi
Level 7
In the end this didn't help. I tried it several times. The common windows driver makes the same crackling/popping/scratching noise in movies and windows sounds.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

wsnwi wrote:
In the end this didn't help. I tried it several times. The common windows driver makes the same crackling/popping/scratching noise in movies and windows sounds.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

You need to make sure you completely get rid of Realtek software on harddrive before uninstalling them. Otherwise it will silent install them again.

wsnwi
Level 7
I'll try that. Just look at my video, this sound is really crazy. This appears only with windows sounds.

https://youtu.be/2R8YcGtGyqQ

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro