cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Support down and/or refusing cases for a while now

TheYar
Level 7
I apologize if this post doesn't technically meet the rules. I am unable to get a case number or an RMA. My GL Notebook that I bought a few months ago appears to have died completely on me. I've contacted support four times over the past few days, and each time I've gone through troubleshooting, and I'm told that it is defective and needs to be sent in for repair. Then I'm told that they are unable to create a case or an RMA for me, and to contact them again in 4 hours and they will take care of it at that time. I think I am significantly misunderstanding the support process, because this same interaction with Support just keeps repeating: try again later.

I explained all this to the Support techs, and both yesterday and today they directed me to an online RMA form. I filled that out and each time I was told that my RMA already existed, and that it was RMA# "undefined," for my item with S/N# "undefined," and that I'd receive an email, and that if I didn't receive it within a few hours, to contact Support again. I haven't received any email. If the rules here say that I need to wait 5 days for this email before I can get any escalation, I understand, but I feel like something more than that is going on since I'm unable to get a case number or an RMA number through any channel.

Is there something I'm not understanding or not doing correctly? Looking through this forum it seems clear that an active Support function does in fact exist at ASUS, but somehow I'm running up against a wall trying to even get a case started. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Bahz
Level 12
Hi there,

Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:
Case ID#:
RMA#:

Also please pass me your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

Thanks.

PM'd the requested information. However, response was that this "is just random information" and not sufficient. I understand and PM'd again with additional details. I really hope I can get this sorted out, but I have to say that it is surprising how difficult it is to get any support for a new $1,700 notebook that won't turn on.

TheYar wrote:
PM'd the requested information. However, response was that this "is just random information" and not sufficient. I understand and PM'd again with additional details. I really hope I can get this sorted out, but I have to say that it is surprising how difficult it is to get any support for a new $1,700 notebook that won't turn on.

Thanks, I have already pass the information over. I hope you get a follow up soon.

Thanks. I've continued contacting support, and after spending close to two hours on my sixth and seventh attempt to talk to support, I did finally get a case number and an RMA number. I will message those to you as well, but hopefully may not need further escalation.

TheYar wrote:
Thanks. I've continued contacting support, and after spending close to two hours on my sixth and seventh attempt to talk to support, I did finally get a case number and an RMA number. I will message those to you as well, but hopefully may not need further escalation.

Please keep me updated, if you have any other issues please do let me know immediately. Thanks.