cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need full guide on installing Windows 7 (maximus viii hero)

HFKoKoOo
Level 7
Hello i have installed on my pc windows 10, but i need to install and Windows 7.

I tried to install the windows 7 from 2 diffirent flash drive, but after i choce the device pc just restarting, i dont have problems while trying to install windows 10. Windows 10 booting fine.

Can you link me or post full guide how to install windows 7 on my pc. I have this problem for first time i never had before problems by installing windows.
10 REPLIES 10

NIKO-IN-IRELAND
Level 7
Why would you need to install windows 7? win 10 does so much more, if you have issue with privacy like i did then you can turn most of the stuff of, then you can turn off all the unecessary win 10 snooping services, then what you cant turn off you can block in your firewall, there are many guides on the net, now my win 10 is just like my old win 7 that was great but with the added bonus of being the latest OS that has full support and regular updates.

KotTHECat
Level 10
@HFKoKoOo, you can also search on YT for "windows 7 z170"

@NIKO-IN-IRELAND, he did not ask what is better: Win7 or Win10.
I am also using Win7 and for me its much better than Win10 (too many small things, i am not going to explain it).
Intel Core i7 6700K, ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Kingston 2x8GB HX426C15FBK2/16, Corsair MP510 960GB, Toshiba X300 4TB, XFX Pro 750W, Windows 10 Pro

NIKO-IN-IRELAND
Level 7
I am well aware of what he asked but there are no advantages to using win 7 over win 10, only less support for win 7 as we move forward but each to their own, this is to be expected for an OS a few generations back, mainstream support for win 7 ended January 13, 2015 making it less safe to use, anything you dont like in win 10 can be altered, blocked or changed, there are many advatages to win 10, too many small things ;-D , but i am not going to explain it here.

NIKO-IN-IRELAND wrote:
i am not going to explain it here.

No need. I have been using Windows 10 for ~6 month or so and man... It was horrible time, but i wont explain details here.
Intel Core i7 6700K, ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Kingston 2x8GB HX426C15FBK2/16, Corsair MP510 960GB, Toshiba X300 4TB, XFX Pro 750W, Windows 10 Pro

haihane
Level 13
rofl.
i found you both adorable.

but i'm not going to explain the details here.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Hello i gonna install win 7 on my system for dual boot. I wont use it for every day )))) I gonna try this tutorial http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/Z170-K/DE164_100_Series_Windows_7_Setup_Guide_print.pdf?... Thanks.

HFKoKoOo wrote:
Hello i gonna install win 7 on my system for dual boot. I wont use it for every day )))) I gonna try this tutorial http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/Z170-K/DE164_100_Series_Windows_7_Setup_Guide_print.pdf?... Thanks.

If your need is casual, you can always use Windows 7 virtual machine on top of Windows 10.
Use Win7 & Win10 at a same time!

HFKoKoOo wrote:

What CPU are you using? Win 7 is still supported on Skylake
what kind of drive are you installing on, if it is an NVNE drive you will need NVME drivers either on a USB stick or the latest ASUS tool will add them to your Win 7 and burn it to a USB drive along with the USB 3.0 drivers

the guide you linked is good and should help get Win 7 installed, do not have any other drives connected when installing an OS, install OS and drivers then connect your other drives