cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to buy a Gaming LAPTOP

Samo_Krose
Level 7
yes Gaming LAPTOP.

where everyone does suffer horribly to find or to figure out which gaming laptop to buy and always the purchase goes wrong and the laptop turn out sucks and can't play anything

lets go first with these main questions

1- what is your budget!? 1500$-2500$ --(a bit increased no a problem )
2- why don't you get a pc is better than laptops? ( i'm not used to pc and i have been with laptop long time ago )
3- what sort of games you wanna play? Arma 3 - Guild wars 2 - BAttle fieild ETC ( amd i want to play in hight setting )
ETC and more questions over and over.

i live in africa and in summer it get really hot.

now i have been around google and searching for the top laptops gaming and i have found several but the reviews didn't help me to determine which gaming laptop is worth to buy which really work great and last long and does give you what it is say high gaming setting smooth and good rate of FPS..

what i'm counting on is the people experience and people review who have tried and played with latest gaming laptop and found how good are they.

cooling system is very important as well speed so please guys i'm lost and i'm not sure what to buy

help me out

and thank you in advance
1 REPLY 1

Sheltem
Level 9
As far as cooling systems are concerned, ASUS does have the GX series laptops (GX700, GX800) with liquid cooling systems. The main problems are: the price (easily 5-6k USD/EUR) and weight & dimensions (it's more of a 'relocatable' computer, rather than something you would carry around every day). On the other side are the GL series that seem to be designed more towards the slim looks and hence tend to have poorer cooling efficiency.

G series (especially the more powerful models) tend to be quite bulky (a 17.3" screen laptop can effectively be up to 18.5" in size) and thus have more efficient cooling. Still, you might find threads that claim that on certain models, even stock settings seem to push the CPU (mostly) way too far compared to how much heat the laptop can disperse. This applies even to the flagship G752, which is quite massive.

There's also the ASUS ROG Zephyrus with a TDP-limited GTX 1080 (a.k.a. MaxQ), claiming to deliver relatively low fan RPM even under load. Might be worth looking into it. In any case, a cooling stand is likely to be a good idea.
He who invokes history is always secure.
The dead will not rise to witness against him.

You can accuse them of any deeds you like.
Their reply will always be silence.