cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I upgrade RAM myself on New Asus x550vx-dm701 from 8Gb to 16Gb will my warranty vo

User77799888
Level 7
I been getting conflicting info from Asus sales and support.

Usually for Dell HP or Toshiba pr MSI you can upgrade RAM yourself no problem and it will not void warranty.

Will I void my Asus warranty if I upgrade RAM myself? An Asus agent online suggested I bring it into Asus to upgrade my RAM (and pay for doing it???) . It sounds ridiculous because I have done it hundreds of times and it takes a few minutes only.

I had many computers over 30yrs but This my first Asus so i have no idea about Asus.
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
Its all 100% dependent on whether or not you have to open up anything but the user serviceable cover. If you open just the user service cover its not problem, if you crack open the laptop further then the warranty is technically voided. There is no seal to break so if you cant tell that its been opened up......what mama doesnt know.....

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
User77799888 wrote:
I been getting conflicting info from Asus sales and support.

Usually for Dell HP or Toshiba pr MSI you can upgrade RAM yourself no problem and it will not void warranty.

Will I void my Asus warranty if I upgrade RAM myself? An Asus agent online suggested I bring it into Asus to upgrade my RAM (and pay for doing it???) . It sounds ridiculous because I have done it hundreds of times and it takes a few minutes only.

I had many computers over 30yrs but This my first Asus so i have no idea about Asus.

Hi,

It is OK to upgrade RAM by yourself, but when you need to repair this laptop, you need to replace back to the original RAM.