cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AC5300 Wifi problems

danoz0r
Level 8
Hey guys

Just got this router. My 2.4 ghz network is non existent even tho it says its there.

after loads of factory resets, i only have 1 2.4ghz and 1 5ghz radio connection. Or both at 5ghz and no 2.4 ghz. its like I can only have 2 active radio connections at same time.
Smart connect is not enabled. IPS disabled.

Tried 2.4 ghz on Auto and 1, 6 or 11 even with WPA disabled. literally been sitting with this no stop for hours.

According to settings and in logs all radio connection works fine.

my firmware version is 3.0.0.4.382_12184.
10 REPLIES 10

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi danozOr,

After a factory reset, are all 3 bands visible? Perhaps you can wait a little bit after initial setup, make sure the internet connection has established, then restart your PC and have another look.

Without any changes to the settings, which band is not visible? 2.4GHz? 5GHz-1? 5GHz-2?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi danozOr,

After a factory reset, are all 3 bands visible? Perhaps you can wait a little bit after initial setup, make sure the internet connection has established, then restart your PC and have another look.

Without any changes to the settings, which band is not visible? 2.4GHz? 5GHz-1? 5GHz-2?

Yes have tried factory reseting multiple times and waited. And with no changes to settings it will start up f.ex on band 2.4 and 5ghz-1. No 5ghz-2 will pop up after waiting

So if i reset the router then it might be both 5ghz-1 and 5ghz-2 band, but no 2.4ghz. Then ill reset it again and its 2.4ghz and 5ghz-2

Basicly it shuffles after every reset. And only 2 bands active at same time.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Are you always trying to connect with the same PC/device, or have you tried a few different ways to confirm?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Are you always trying to connect with the same PC/device, or have you tried a few different ways to confirm?

Yes i have tried with multiple devices. Same problem over the board.

I have decided to return it. And go back to the RT-5300.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi danoz0r,

Sorry to hear that. The engineers believe the new firmware to be released this week should fix the issue.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi danoz0r,

If it ever happens again, try changing the channel for the band not showing up, that might do the trick.

danoz0r
Level 8
I replaced the router with a new one.
Updated to the latest firmware. All wifi bands working and looking good.

Was probably a bad unit I had at first.**

danoz0r wrote:
I replaced the router with a new one.
Updated to the latest firmware. All wifi bands working and looking good.

Was probably a bad unit I had at first.**

I have the same problem with you.
In my condition when i unboxing and doing quick setting, my wireless SSID just 2 work up, are: 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz-2.
The 5 GHz-1 not detected on my wifi laptop and my smartphone.

After i upgraded the firmware to 3.0.0.4.384.32799, the problem still persist.

I probably will complain to Asus Service Center, maybe there is malfunction about wireless ssid hardware.

The feature VPN Fushion still not work in firmware 3.0.0.4.384.32799, i'm using ExpressVPN and activated in specific device to use ExpressVPN, but when activated the ExpressVPN using OpenVPN, the Router happen likes hang or not responding.

I'm very dissapointed about high-end wireless router, i got bad experience with Asus. Why u sell the product very bad like this.

Thank you.

I'm having the same issue. I signed up for Cox Homelife and can't use it because the 2.4 Ghz stopped working. ASUS will "gladly" help me out by holding $500 and send me a new one. Why $500 when I didn't even pay that much for the one I bought a year ago? I have a child who does online school and can't be without internet. So I can a) let ASUS hold $500 (which I don't have) and let them send me a new router, b) send mine in and let them (hopefully) repair and return it back to me, or c) go buy a new one.

After having saved up for this one, only to have it not work after about 6 months and to be given the above-mentioned options....seems like a slap in the face by Asus. Heck, I upgraded my Galaxy Note 8 to the Note 9 and my provider sent me the new one with no out-of-pocket expense to me, nor did I have to send my 8 in until after I received the 9. The phones are way more expensive than these routers. Seems a little strange to me.