ROG Member Array

Exclamation In desperate need of help with a multi-monitor setup. Please help!

Hello,

Need help, please. I've looked everywhere and can't find an answer on any forum.

I do flight simulation. My old Radeon rigs could run a graphics setup with Eyefinity just about any way I want to.

Now, I've been running an Asus ROG GTX1070 OC on two screens, non-surround. No issues. Bought another one exactly like the first one, didn't plan on SLI.

I need to set this up so that I can run my main Windows desktop at my desk, my surround (3 Asus 1920X1080 monitors), an Acer 1920X1080 touch panel for DCS A-10C instruments, an LG 1920X1080 monitor for navaid stuff, and an 800X600 display in my Boeing FMC.

So, six or seven monitors, with three running in an Eyefinity-style surround setup.

Everyone at Micro Center has said, "Oh, no problem, just run the 3 monitors in 2D Surround Mode and plug everything else into the other card." Don't even need to be the same card, just an Nvidia card."

So I get everything home - card, cables, etc. Hook it up and no, doesn't work. I referred to the NVIDIA section in Technologies for Surround. Should work if you only have one card, but if you have two, it doesn't work without SLI.

Tried it with SLI - 4 monitors max - 3 Surround and one "accessory monitor".

This is sucking so bad that I can't describe it. I had to drive 300 miles round trip just to get a 1070 - seems they're being sucked up to do some massive Bitcoin-esqe scheme.

Hardware:
    Asus ROG Maximus VIII Extreme, latest BIOS.
    Intel Core i7 6700K CPU
    Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 4 x 8GB DDR4-3333 PC4-26600 RAM
    Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1070-8OC X 2
    OS on a 540Gb M.2 PCI card
    System files on a 2TB Hybrid 7200rpm WD drive
    Win7 x64
    Latest BIOS, drivers, updates, etc
    All overclocking turned off

Also, the stupid Aura lighting system was working great, everything set to magenta. Suddently now, the original card is magenta with a red ROG symbol and the new card is doind its "best impersonation" of magenta. More like blue. If I change the colors, the original card ROG logo goes opposite of the color selected,(choose red, ROG goes green). Not critical, but maybe the info helps...

IT. DOES. NOT. DO. WHAT'S. NEEDED. 3 displays in a surround setup, and three additional displays doing "other stuff".

PLEASE. I need help. I've studied the info here and read the boards here, nVIDIA, Toms, etc. Nothing works. Any help appreciated. Extremely frustrated and angry.

Thanks.

Kattz

Moderator Array

Hi Kattz,

The part regarding not being able to build surroundview without engaging SLI when having two of the same GPU in the system may possibly be a limitation of Nvidia driver. I have escalated it up to check with Nvidia directly.

regards,