cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory in Maximus IV

Seizantherealon
Level 7
Anyone know if memory KVR16N11/4 fit in maximus iv gene-z/gen3 motherboard?
11 REPLIES 11

Nate152
Hi Seizantherealone

It should work, it's ddr3, 240 pin, unbuffered.

Would probably go with an 8GB or 16GB kit, 4GB isn't much these days. 🙂

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Seizantherealone

It should work, it's ddr3, 240 pin, unbuffered.

Would probably go with an 8GB or 16GB kit, 4GB isn't much these days. 🙂

I have 8 GB (2x4) from before, and bought 2 of these then i will have 16 GB total. I'm omw to intsall Win10 from win7-32-bit. Why i want more memory:)

But it looks like my motherboard wont accept them;;

Nate152
The Maximus IV Gene-Z supports up to 32GB of memory.

It could be that you're combining sticks as to purchasing a single 8GB or 16GB kit, it's recommended to purchase a single kit of the capacity you want rather than combing sticks.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57038-Don%92t-combine-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-o...

You could try loosening the timings a bit.

Yep you want a 64 bit OS or you'll be limited to 3.5GB - 4GB of ram.

Thank you for the link:)

Seller said that this will only fit AMD not Intel (after i bought) and he say that's why it isnt working. But found it hard to belive tho, but idk^^

But anyhow, learned some new stuff today with combining kits (or not combine.. :p) that i didnt know 😄

Nate152
Yeah to avoid a headache get you a single compatible kit, a nice kit that would match your motherboard is G.Skill Trident X. It's tall ram but has the option to remove the heat spreaders for big air cpu coolers.

I see you're in Norway, you could check some other online stores, amazon may have international shipping.

This is a 2400MHz kit, it says for z77 but works with z68 too.

https://www.amazon.com/G-Skill-PC3-19200-TridentX-10-12-12-31-F3-2400C10D-16GTX/dp/B0080FFZ8E/ref=sr...

Yeah think i'll do that and follow ur advice:)

I'm "omw" to make myself a new my PC, but due to money it will take some months... 😛
So atm i'm trying just to max-out my good old one, really liked it, actualy it have been working very well. (If u dont clock it too hard:p)
Buuut it really is out dated now ;;

Ty again for help:)

Nate152
You're welcome,

Yeah it's an older board but if you have the i7-2600k it's still a good machine.

To wait months is ok, z370 and coffeelake is on the horizon and may support 6 core cpu's, it's rumored to be launched Q4 this year.

Nate152
I see the Maximus IV Gene-Z supports up to 2200MHz ram, you might want to go with a lower frequency, say 2133MHz.

This is a 2133MHz kit and is more expensive, you could get the 2400MHz kit and run it at 2133MHz.

https://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-Trident-F3-2133C9D-16GTX-240-Pin-Desktop/dp/B008Y6SX5Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=...

Hard to get G.Skill DD3 in Norway 😕 mostly DD4 now.. but maybe something like this: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz 16GB and set em to 2133Mhz, should work i guess:) And also by a Win10, that i can use on my new PC too . . . 😛