Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 116
  1. #11
    ROG Member Array CaptainFist PC Specs
    CaptainFist PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Zenith Extreme
    Processor1950X
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780ti
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia 780ti
    Graphics Card #3Nvidia GTX 580
    Monitor3 x Asus VG236
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    CPU CoolerEK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Ediiton
    CaseLian Li 8500D
    Power SupplyBeQuit Black Power 1200w
    Keyboard Logitech G19S
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Razer TIAMAT 7.1
    Mouse Pad Logitech
    OS Windows 10 x64 up to Date
    Network RouterAVM Fritzbox 7490 / 6490

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    24

    @Raja@asus

    The 603 UEFI patch POST issue for an pcie card.

    Specific for this Usb addon or general for Addon cards?

  2. #12
    New ROGer Array St4v0 PC Specs
    St4v0 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus X399 ROG Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 4Ghz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 PC4-3200C18 4000MHz
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA TITAN X Pascal
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Essence STX II
    MonitorDell UP3216Q 4K
    Storage #1960 PRO 1TB M.2 2280 PCI-E 3.0 X4 NVME
    Storage #2960 PRO 1TB M.2 2280 PCI-E 3.0 X4 NVME
    CPU CoolerEK Watercooled x2/480 Rads
    CaseObsidian 900D Super Tower Case
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i Digital ATX 80 Plus Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K70
    Mouse Zowie EC1-A
    Headset Sennheiser PC 360
    Mouse Pad Steelseries
    Headset/Speakers Q Acoustics MEDIA 4
    OS Windows 10 pro

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    43

    Any idea when bios,s that contain memory improvements and going to arrive?

  3. #13
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    161
    Posts
    7,454

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainFist View Post
    @Raja@asus

    The 603 UEFI patch POST issue for an pcie card.

    Specific for this Usb addon or general for Addon cards?
    Patch is for the model listed. Don't know if it affects others as you'd need to test to know.

  4. #14
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    17

    Downtown CARPENTRAS

    Guys I'm very confused. There's UEFI and UEFI Build now. Which should I install? I'm currently running 0503 and it's giving me tons of USB problems.

    And could somebody tell me how to install those as well please? With clearing CMOS and complicated stuff like that?

    Thanks!

  5. #15
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    140

    Tested 0603 on a fresh Windows 10 install and now my phone works like normal on all USB ports.
    I checked with my phone on all USB ports except the BIOS one. No on and off on certain ports.
    Also CPU temp seems back to normal for me, had to change FAN profile. ^^



    @ROGFanboy
    Make sure you have latest firmware found in first post.
    If you installed 1.00.10, then just update to 1.00.13 too.
    If you have not installed 1.00.10 make sure to update to it first and then update to 1.00.13.

    Download 0603 and extract the UEFI file from the rar with 7zip or winzip.
    Update to 0603 like normal (I always use the EZ flash inside UEFI, but any method should work fine).

    I usually clear CMOS and "load optimized defaults" in the UEFI before and after the "UEFI update", but it is most important after.
    To clear CMOS without opening the case:
    -->Shutdown Computer
    -->When fans stop spinning hold clear CMOS found on top of the motherboard IO back panel for 3 sec or so.


    Then please consider trying what I did and install Windows 10 again when done with the UEFI update.
    Test if same happens now with the default Windows 10 drivers. Hopefully it helps like it did on my phone.

    If your NZXT hardware with USB connection still have issues after trying this, I would consider contacting NZXT.
    A friend said they tend to fix things fast.

    Currently my ROG Zenith have a Enermax Liqtech 360 TR4 that have no USB connections.
    Both my ROG RVE10´s use a Corsair H115i that have a USB connection,
    but I only use Corsair Link to adjust fans when needed and then store the fan profile
    in the AIO. First thing I do is to turn off "start with Windows" so only driver is running.
    Last edited by Mikan02; 09-23-2017 at 01:27 PM.

  6. #16
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    My Inateck 4 port USB pci-e card works now without issue. Haven't tried my other non-inateck pci-e cards tho.

  7. #17
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    140

    Not tested limits yet on 0603 so not sure anything change there yet,
    but for me some of the sensor readings are a little random in AIDA64.

    Mostly VRM temp and some of Fan sensors seems to turn off and on
    sometimes (does not seem to affect anything thou, fans running like normal).
    Also noticed AIDA64 says now it is a unknown motherboard,
    everything else seems to be detected like normal.

    I only run one monitoring software trying to avoid conflict and this
    includes not opening task manager. I also disable all CPU sensors in
    GPU OC Software.
    Last edited by Mikan02; 09-23-2017 at 10:49 PM.

  8. #18
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Patch is for the model listed. Don't know if it affects others as you'd need to test to know.
    Hi Raja,
    I can confirm the 0603 issue did fix my issue with the Intateck 7-port card. However, the other two major issues still persist for me:

    1) The PCI-e x4 slot does not get isolated by IOMMU correctly.

    2) There still seem to be PCI-e power saving issues. My 1080ti's still get stuck in D3 power-saving mode, which is what is breaking PCI-passthrough (as it has to be put in D3 power saving until the VM starts). Same issue seen with suspend/resume normally outside of PCI-passthrough - can't wake from D3.

    Full technical details are still the same as here:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post670783

    I am concerned because I noticed that by "RAID driver update" you meant, this includes the new NVMe RAID update from AMD that was touted for 9/25 (I now see NVMe raid options in the BIOS). That means any hope I had of that resolving these issues is probably poof, which likely explains why AMD went quiet on Reddit this week about whether that update would do anything about these problems.

    So... any idea of a realistic timeline for fixes on these issues?

  9. #19
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikan02 View Post
    Tested 0603 on a fresh Windows 10 install and now my phone works like normal on all USB ports.
    I checked with my phone on all USB ports except the BIOS one. No on and off on certain ports.
    Also CPU temp seems back to normal for me, had to change FAN profile. ^^

    @ROGFanboy
    Make sure you have latest firmware found in first post.
    If you installed 1.00.10, then just update to 1.00.13 too.
    If you have not installed 1.00.10 make sure to update to it first and then update to 1.00.13.

    Download 0603 and extract the UEFI file from the rar with 7zip or winzip.
    Update to 0603 like normal (I always use the EZ flash inside UEFI, but any method should work fine).

    I usually clear CMOS and "load optimized defaults" in the UEFI before and after the "UEFI update", but it is most important after.
    To clear CMOS without opening the case:
    -->Shutdown Computer
    -->When fans stop spinning hold clear CMOS found on top of the motherboard IO back panel for 3 sec or so.

    Then please consider trying what I did and install Windows 10 again when done with the UEFI update.
    Test if same happens now with the default Windows 10 drivers. Hopefully it helps like it did on my phone.

    If your NZXT hardware with USB connection still have issues after trying this, I would consider contacting NZXT.
    A friend said they tend to fix things fast.

    Currently my ROG Zenith have a Enermax Liqtech 360 TR4 that have no USB connections.
    Both my ROG RVE10´s use a Corsair H115i that have a USB connection,
    but I only use Corsair Link to adjust fans when needed and then store the fan profile
    in the AIO. First thing I do is to turn off "start with Windows" so only driver is running.
    Thank you so much! I will definitely try to do this.

    But how do I know which Firmware I have?
    How do I update it? There's tons of stuff in the .zip file.
    And where can I download the V1.00.13 version?

    EDIT: Thanks again for the helpful steps. It worked perfectly! The new BIOS is installed. Unfortunately all of my problems remain.

    EDIT 2: Problems fixed! Reinstalled every single USB driver, updated Windows to the latest version (did this include new AMD USB Drivers?) and reinstalled NZXT CAM and Corsair Utility Engine. Also uninstalled Logitech Gaming Software (garbage), swapped cables of the Vive, unplugged/plugged everything and updated Vive firmware and drivers (for both Bluetooth and the device itself).
    Last edited by ROGFanboy; 09-28-2017 at 09:17 AM.

  10. #20
    ROG Enthusiast Array JHR1979 PC Specs
    JHR1979 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G752VY
    MotherboardROG Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorThreadripper 1950x
    Memory (part number)4x8GB g.skill Flare X 3200/cl14
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    Sound CardSoundblaster Audigy RX
    MonitorAsus PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 960 250GB
    Storage #2Samsung Pro 850 250GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U14S - TR4
    CaseCoolerMaster Cosmos II Ultra tower
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750i
    Keyboard Roccat MK Pro
    Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
    OS W10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear Orbi

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by ROGFanboy View Post
    Thank you so much! I will definitely try to do this.

    But how do I know which Firmware I have?
    How do I update it? There's tons of stuff in the .zip file.
    And where can I download the V1.00.13 version?
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/sxpf9m...W+V1.00.13.rar

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •