Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by ST9752 View Post
    You wondered correctly! As soon as it passed the 30 second mark I knew something was different. Wow. I now have NVM firmware 13. Far from the latest, but a step forward.

THANKS VERY MUCH. I was seriously considering taking this thing back to Best Buy after so many brick walls with the Thunderbolt.

Now I will download the latest again and see what happens. FYI, the second link you posted is for BIOS 303.
    Yes, the 303 bios works in tandem with the latest Thunderbolt firmware.

There is also a newer Thunderbolt 3 Driver, but it does not give the details of the Firmware and PD versions under settings, Intel has removed that from the Thunderbolt software as Thunderbolt 1 and 2 are now obsolete.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Too bad they removed that info. It's always nice to be able to check the revs like that.
    They try to dumb things down for the average consumer which ends up being a disservice to everybody.

Be sure to add that link to the Rev 13 firmware to your TB firmware guide.
    I can't be the only one with old TB firmware. :-)
    Last edited by ST9752; 08-21-2017 at 01:37 AM.

The link for that file is only for the VL model under the support section, each version of the G752 models have their own sections, users will need to look for the Thunderbolt firmware files, I've added this info to that guide today.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Nice job.

Now that I have a fully operational TB 3 put on my VL I'm wondering has anybody nailed down whether this model is 20Gbit or 40Gbit?

I figured you might know. :-)

ROG Enthusiast Array

BTW, I don't know where all the previous versions of TB firmware are for the G752VL so I'm not sure where anybody else would find them.

At this link there is only one listed.
    https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic...Desk_Download/

Is there somewhere else to go for support downloads?

Expand, click the Expand all + sign at the top of the page and then scroll down, this will show all the files / drivers / updates for that model (ie G752VL).

This also applies for all the other G752 models in their support sections for each model.

As for the port, it's 40Gbit/s, been confirmed.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I did do that originally but didn't expand ALL the "show all" links. That last one only reveals the remainder of the XG Station 2 section and only one TB firmware download is shown. I didn't think there would be another shown further up in the list. Duh!

Thanks. :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3