cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I damage my NVme drive? Samsung EVO 960 M.2

Planetgazer11
Level 7
Greetings,

When I installed my Samsung NVme EVO 960 M.2 drive on my motherboard (HERO IX), I forgot to put in the stand off screw and started to screw the M.2 drive onto the board. I realized this and unscrewed it and put in the stand off screw and then screwed the M.2 drive to that. Now did I potentially dmg the M.2 drive or the motherboard (M.2 slot on the motherboard) when I screwed on the M.2 drive to the motherboard without the standoff screw? Because it wasn't straight/flat, and the M.2 drive was screwed on at an angle. I'm thinking I could have overextended the M.2 slot on the board when I did this and dmged the M.2 drive itself, or the M.2 slot on the motherboard. Any information would be appreciated
3 REPLIES 3

Hey Chino,

The system runs fine. I just noticed when I booted my computer (It was turned off), and when I was in the password screen, the computer was lagging a little when I was typing my password. But when I enter the desktop its fine. And this only happens sometimes when I turn on the computer when its been off. If I restart the computer while its on, the password screen on boot has no input lag when I'm typing my password.

I'm just overly paranoid that I damaged something. Should I open the system up and see if the pins are bent? What would that look like?

haihane
Level 13
allow me to butt in a bit 😮

and when I was in the password screen, the computer was lagging a little when I was typing my password.

i'm very much interested in this.
does this happen in Microsoft word too? does it occur from time to time?

if yes, i'd like you to run CrystalDiskMark and post the random 4k read write speeds.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.