Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Are you able to update with Asus EZ flash via internet? it says that I have the latest BIOS version but it's not

ROG Enthusiast Array vstar PC Specs
    vstar PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700K
    Memory (part number)Kingston 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2133 MHz
    Graphics Card #1ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP Edition
    MonitorASUS VG248QE
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    CaseNZXT H440 Mid-Tower 2015
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 80+GOLD 650W
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2016
    Mouse ZOWIE EC2-A
    Headset Sennheiser PC 323D
    Mouse Pad ZOWIE G-SR Large
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 3 Series II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC66U

Quote Originally Posted by anphetamina View Post
    Are you able to update with Asus EZ flash via internet? it says that I have the latest BIOS version but it's not
    I guess that's because ASUS's BIOS update server is not ready for v3504 update yet.
    Use a USB drive to update your BIOS is a better way to go when compare to update via internet.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ondersma80 PC Specs
    ondersma80 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero Alpha
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Sound CardXonar DSX
    MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #2Assorted SSD & HDD
    CPU CoolerNH-D14
    Power SupplySilencer MK III 850W
    Keyboard G105
    Mouse G700S
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 - I moved on from the technology of the previous decade.

Quote Originally Posted by anphetamina View Post
    Definitely save the file to a USB and update with EZ Flash as vstar suggested. Simple and fast.

3504 still working great after 10 days!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by ondersma80 View Post
    If I shutdown my system then power back on it does not do the start/stop/start routine. If I shutdown my system then crawl under my desk and unplug the surge protector, it does do the start/stop/start routine. The behavior is the same on 3504 and 3401 as well as other previous releases. I just checked to verify memory using USB Flashback. This is simple stuff - if you power down and back on it will start right up. If you power down and unplug stuff, it will do the little on/off/on routine.
    I found out what the problem is. If you turn on ERP Ready S4+S5 it will do the turn off/on thing every time you turn on your computer. If you disable Erp Ready it just turns on. So disable the Erp Ready function (sleep function and deep sleep) (S4+S5 turns off the led on motherboard when computer is shut off, if enabled)

ROG Enthusiast Array Shenny PC Specs
    Shenny PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Ranger
    Processori5-6600K @ 4.4 GHZ (Skylake)
    Memory (part number)2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666 MHz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Intel SSD 330 240 GB
    Storage #2Seagate External HDD 4 TB
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 850x
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Logitech G9
    OS Windows 10 x64

Updated to 3504 a couple of days ago! So far so good except for the fact that the CPU multiplier stays constantly at 44 (I've overclocked my i5-6600K to 4.4 GHz with the Core voltage left at Auto; thus, it stays below 1.3 V most of the time). I clearly remember that with the old BIOS versions before 3401 the multiplier automatically scaled down to as low as 8 when the CPU was not busy; now it stays at 44 even if the CPU load is < 10%. I played around with a few settings in BIOS like changing Intel Speed Shift from "Auto" to "Enabled" but I can't see any difference.

Any idea how I can make the MB to dynamically alter the CPU multiplier in accordance with its load just like before?

Quote Originally Posted by Shenny View Post
    Updated to 3504 a couple of days ago! So far so good except for the fact that the CPU multiplier stays constantly at 44 (I've overclocked my i5-6600K to 4.4 GHz with the Core voltage left at Auto; thus, it stays below 1.3 V most of the time). I clearly remember that with the old BIOS versions before 3401 the multiplier automatically scaled down to as low as 8 when the CPU was not busy; now it stays at 44 even if the CPU load is < 10%. I played around with a few settings in BIOS like changing Intel Speed Shift from "Auto" to "Enabled" but I can't see any difference.

Any idea how I can make the MB to dynamically alter the CPU multiplier in accordance with its load just like before?
    Go in to advanced power options in windows and set the minimum cpu state to let's say 20% and the maximum cpu state to 100%. Now when the CPU load is <10% the CPU will only use 20% power. Example: Your CPU runs 4.4 ghz at 100%. When the CPU load is less than 10 % it will only use 880 mhz. That's the way I use the power option and it works great. I will save some power

I have had hard system lockups that then BSOD with BIOS version 3504 on a Maximus VIII Hero board. for some reason the new BIOS was causing graphics driver & directX issues. Downgraded the BIOS back to 3401 & the problems vanish so there is something with 3504 that was causing the issues.

ROG Enthusiast Array Shenny PC Specs
    Shenny PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Ranger
    Processori5-6600K @ 4.4 GHZ (Skylake)
    Memory (part number)2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666 MHz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Intel SSD 330 240 GB
    Storage #2Seagate External HDD 4 TB
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 850x
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Logitech G9
    OS Windows 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by emsir View Post
    Go in to advanced power options in windows and set the minimum cpu state to let's say 20% and the maximum cpu state to 100%. Now when the CPU load is <10% the CPU will only use 20% power. Example: Your CPU runs 4.4 ghz at 100%. When the CPU load is less than 10 % it will only use 880 mhz. That's the way I use the power option and it works great. I will save some power
    I tried it but unfortunately it doesn't seem to make any difference. Thanks for the hint anyway!

I usually try out each new BIOS version but this seems to be the first one that leaves me a little bit disappointed. Still I'll probably stick to it because I have never tried the BIOS Flashback option to revert to an older BIOS and I don't know what could go wrong.
    Last edited by Shenny; 09-05-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vstar View Post
    MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA BIOS 3504
    1.Update new CPU microcode
    2.Fixed Raid Card issue.
    3.Improved system stability and performance.
    4.Improved VGA cards and storage device compatibility
    5.Fixed KB/MS devices issues
    6.Fixed Plextor device issue

Has anyone updated it yet? Please share your options/issues with the new BIOS 3504
    Don't you read other post about this BIOS? Go here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...bout-BIOS-3504

ROG Enthusiast Array ghemanth PC Specs
    ghemanth PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP AB032TX
    MotherboardAsus Strix ROG Z370-E Gaming
    Processori7 - 8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair 8*2 + G.Skill 8*1
    MonitorDell 22" S2216H
    CPU CoolerAntec Kuhler K240 AIO
    CaseCooler Master TD500L
    Power SupplyCorsair 550VS
    Keyboard DragonWar
    Mouse DragonWar 3200dpi
    Headset/Speakers Philips 5250B Home Theater
    OS Windows 10 Enterprise x64
    Network RouterTP-LINK

i was experiencing some issues with Mouse in the previous BIOS update but after upgrading to 3504 my keyboard got issues too.

its Random both keyboard and mouse are disconnecting !!!

Mouse> after a clean reboot sometimes the mouse doesnt appear until you replug the mouse no matter how many times i reboot it just doesnt appear

KB> whenever i try to type it suddenly freezes and power off. disconnected! damn so irritating.

i dont know if this is a BIOS prob or something else but i've unchecked the powersaving options of both keyboard n mouse from properties in device manager and i have checked that no usb power saving options are enabled in bios
    Battlefield > 26d / 2k

xD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast