Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by zebulon2 View Post
    It is difficult to know what is going on without logs. Would UEFI provide some records of the POST process? Hence helping with pinpointing the reason why the motherboard needs to shortly stop.
    Must be something you changed in BIOS or OC. No problem at all with bios 3504, works great!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by emsir View Post
    I have to ask you. What is the point turning power off at wall? No reason to do that at all. I find it very strange to do that. When you turn off Windows, computer goes to standby. Next time you start computer you just hit the power button. That's normal behaviour. If you want to save power, go in to bios and change ErpReady to S4+S5 or S5. This will make the computer go into deep standby and save power. And it will also turn all LED off, so your motherboard is complete dark when turned off.
    My entire setup is turned off with 1 switch and generally only used every other day , why would I want to leave monitor , speakers and a whole slew of other " toys " plugged in and still drawing power . I presume your the sort of person who leaves their phone charger turned on at the wall and thinks its not drawing any power because your phones not connected and yes it's not a lot of power but multiply it by the world and its a lot , turning it all of at the wall doesn't save power it pulls no power at all .

I'm getting on a bit so it wont be my generation that's going to have to deal with the consequences

End result is issue was not there with all bios versions - had the board pretty much since launch - until 3504 so something has changed .

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by AndyVee View Post
    My entire setup is turned off with 1 switch and generally only used every other day , why would I want to leave monitor , speakers and a whole slew of other " toys " plugged in and still drawing power . I presume your the sort of person who leaves their phone charger turned on at the wall and thinks its not drawing any power because your phones not connected and yes it's not a lot of power but multiply it by the world and its a lot , turning it all of at the wall doesn't save power it pulls no power at all .

I'm getting on a bit so it wont be my generation that's going to have to deal with the consequences

End result is issue was not there with all bios versions - had the board pretty much since launch - until 3504 so something has changed .
    You can shut off the monitor on the power button on the monitor - no problem. You can shut off loudspeakers the same way -no problem, I do it evey day. If you have connected other "toys" to your computer, they will be turned off when you shut your computer off in Windows. I presume you have connected some USB "toys" and they will be shut off as well when the computer is off. So your argument is somehow not valid. And no you shouldn't think about how much power "the world" uses. You don't pay for that. You only pay for how much power YOU use.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Again you miss the point , not everything is connected via USB and whether you do or don't turn off at mains or not the system should not need to bounce power after a bios update , behaviour AGAIN was not there before the update and has never occurred on any of the Gigabyte boards I have / had in the past . Only reason a board should do this is to correct corrupt settings / bad OC there is no other valid reason for it to need to do this on every cold boot so saying this is normal is not correct and / or your easily pleased / Asus fanboy .
    Finally power " cost " , I was not referring to £ & $ , I was instead referring to moral / eco reasons for turning equipment off when its not in use as other people have to live here after we're gone .

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ondersma80 PC Specs
    ondersma80 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero Alpha
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Sound CardXonar DSX
    MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #2Assorted SSD & HDD
    CPU CoolerNH-D14
    Power SupplySilencer MK III 850W
    Keyboard G105
    Mouse G700S
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 - I moved on from the technology of the previous decade.

If I shutdown my system then power back on it does not do the start/stop/start routine. If I shutdown my system then crawl under my desk and unplug the surge protector, it does do the start/stop/start routine. The behavior is the same on 3504 and 3401 as well as other previous releases. I just checked to verify memory using USB Flashback. This is simple stuff - if you power down and back on it will start right up. If you power down and unplug stuff, it will do the little on/off/on routine.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ondersma80 View Post
    If I shutdown my system then power back on it does not do the start/stop/start routine. If I shutdown my system then crawl under my desk and unplug the surge protector, it does do the start/stop/start routine. The behavior is the same on 3504 and 3401 as well as other previous releases. I just checked to verify memory using USB Flashback. This is simple stuff - if you power down and back on it will start right up. If you power down and unplug stuff, it will do the little on/off/on routine.

Thanks for testing , for me this only happens with 3504 , i'm back on 3401 with no issues but I see your running an M8A while i'm on an M8F . I saw someone else with M8F had same as me so maybe its only exact same issue with this board .

New ROGer Array Runner PC Specs
    Runner PC Specs
    MotherboardMAXIMUS VIII HERO
    Processor6600k
    CaseCrystal Series 570X RGB

Tried to update the bios online.
    Got an update, after which the pc was failing to load and the 0F error was showing up.
    Had to spend some bucks on a repair services , since no recent solutions were on the forums, and the ones that were posted earlier didnt work.
    Also had to wait almost a day to be even allowed to post.
    tl;dr nice update, will try again when i have more moneys to throw away.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_2017-08-24_13-19-03.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	66863
    Last edited by Runner; 08-25-2017 at 01:30 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array x-rated PC Specs
    x-rated PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus XI Formula - Intel Z390
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-9900K @ 5 GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z F4-3600C16D-16GTZR - 4x 8 GB, 4 GHz, 18-18-18-38
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE - 2,1/15,6 GHz
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD
    MonitorDell UP2715K - 5120x2880, AH-IPS, 10bit
    Storage #1Sabrent Rocket - 4 TB, 3 GB/s
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 Blackout TG
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000i - 1 KW, 83 A, 80Plus Platinum
    Keyboard Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Logitech G403 Prodigy Wired
    Headset Sennheiser HD 660 S
    Mouse Pad Razer Manticor
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterHuawei HG8245H @ 1 Gb/s FTTH GPON
    Accessory #1 EKWB Velocity + Vector
    Accessory #2 EKWB XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM + 2x CoolStream XE 360
    Accessory #3 6x Noiseblocker NB-eLoop Fan B12-PS

this is the worst bios ever for my (gene) board, causing me random BSODs always with different reason (among other weird things)
    back to 3201 and everything works great again
    already prepairing email for asus support...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array HeroVIII PC Specs
    HeroVIII PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VIII Hero - BIOS 3802
    Processori5 6600K, 3,9 GHZ
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 3.200 MHz CL16 4x8GB (F4-3200C16D-16GTZ)
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX 1070 Ti Advanced
    Sound CardSabre SS9023P SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorSamsung SMART TV 55" 4K
    Storage #1Samsung SM 961 NVMe 256GB OS
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 4TB. ASUS HYPER M.2 X4 MINI CARD with Samsung SM 951 NVMe 256GB Game
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12S
    CaseCorsair 450 D, NZXT Sleeved LED Kit White
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x ( 2018 ), FURUTECH Evolution Power II, with FURUTECH F1 50 R NCF, F1 E 50 R NCF
    Keyboard Rapoo E2000P
    Mouse Rapoo Optical Mouse
    Headset Sennheiser HD 595, Sony MDR 1 AB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo TX-NR5009, 7.1 B&W 603 s3 Series and ASW 750
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64Bits UEFI 1909
    Network RouterMitrastar
    Accessory #1 ASUS ROG FRONT BASE - FW 48
    Accessory #2 ASUS PCE-AC56, ASUS DRW-24F1MT
    Accessory #3 Microsoft Xbox One Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Runner View Post
    Tried to update the bios online.
    Got an update, after which the pc was failing to load and the 0F error was showing up.
    Had to spend some bucks on a repair services , since no recent solutions were on the forums, and the ones that were posted earlier didnt work.
    Also had to wait almost a day to be even allowed to post.
    tl;dr nice update, will try again when i have more moneys to throw away.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_2017-08-24_13-19-03.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	66863
    Buf, to me at the moment I do well after a few days but seeing that the faults begin, I think I'm going back to 3401.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array pndiode PC Specs
    pndiode PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS G752VL-DH71
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Extreme
    ProcessorI7-7700K
    Memory (part number)G-Skill F4-3600C19Q-32GTZRB
    Graphics Card #1ROG GTX 980 MATRIX-GTX980-P-4GD5 Bykski Water N-AS98ROG-X Full Cover
    Graphics Card #2ROG GTX 980 MATRIX-GTX980-P-4GD5 Bykski Water N-AS98ROG-X Full Cover
    MonitorSAMSUNG S22D300HY (2 ea)
    Storage #1WD Black SN750 1TB
    Storage #2WD Blue 4TB (4 ea)
    CPU CoolerEK PE 360 (Top), PE 240 (Front), and Xres 100 Elite
    CaseROG Strix Helios
    Power SupplyThermalTake Toughpower 1200W
    Keyboard Cerberus
    Mouse Logitech MX Master S2
    Headset ROG Strix Fusion 300
    Mouse Pad Generic
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 3 Series II
    OS Win 10 Pro 2004
    Network RouterGeneric
    Accessory #1 ROG Aura Terminal
    Accessory #2 ROG 10GB Express
    Accessory #3 Corsair ML140 (4 ea), Corsair ML120 (3 ea)

New BIOS 3504

1. First dozen or so boot ups stuck on one of the following Q-Codes 70, 49, 62, 09, 21, 55, and 45.

2. Two or three random ghost starts after shutdown. Yep! Computer would just boot on its own within a few minutes after shutting down. Doctor confirmed; I do not have dementia. I think it might be Cortana!

3. Well it's been three days or more. No Q-Codes! No ghost starts! BIOS 3504 finally accumulated what it required.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast