cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web video player problems (Hardware Acceleration)

Seven167
Level 7
Hi! I have some weird problems with web video players when I have Hardware Acceleration enabled in Chrome, this began to happen suddenly, last thing I did before notice this problem was installing Diablo 3 with Steam, but I don't think it has something to do with it. Since the last update of drivers (385.28) I could see Twitch for example without problems but now it looks terrible, with same driver, and it's not only Twitch, it happens every page with same video player (I think it's HTML5 but I'm not sure). Video games have no issues, it's just with this kind of video players.
Another weird thing it's that some Ads at Twitch looks good, but streams and videos look terrible:

This didn't happen with hardware acceleration disabled, but that's a bad workaround, since I'm wasting GPU and even video quality it's not the same.

My specs are:

i7 7700K
Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC
2x8 GB Vengeance LPX
Asus Strix 270E Motherboard
Windows 10 64 Bits

I already tried uninstalling drivers, installing previous version, and reinstalling current ones, didn't help.

Tell me if I can bring more info that could help,

Thanks a lot!

Regards
1 REPLY 1

Seven167
Level 7
My GPU finally died, it freezed when I was playing and then Windows restarted forever, again and again...

Close this thread.