cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with PG278QR

Koutport
Level 7
After 30 min of gaming a message ''displayport NO SIGNAL ''appears monitor its off but all the other functions its ok (teamspeak etc) Need only restart button...
Any ideas...
Thanx
George
Μobo:ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI-CPU:Intel Core i9-14900K-Cooler:EKW-EK-KIT RGB 360-RAM:G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5-6400 CL32 64GB(4 x 16 GB)-GPU:ASUS GeForce® ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING RTX-3080Ti-#43; EKW-EK-KIT 480 RGB -PSU:Corsair HX1200i:HDD:Samsung M2 980 PRO with heatsink 2TB+Samsung 990 PRO 2 TB RAID-0 +Asus RAIDR Express 240GB- Case:Thermaltake View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Editionx
14 REPLIES 14

lazoli
Level 7
Sounds like a power setting in your windows to me that is turning your monitor off thinking there's an inactivity for some reason.

Koutport
Level 7
Koutport wrote:
After 30 min of gaming a message ''displayport NO SIGNAL ''appears monitor its off but all the other functions its ok (teamspeak etc) Need only restart button...
Any ideas...
Thanx
George

The problem now its more worst!! Every time I playing a game like W.O.T. or Company of heroes2 after 5-10 minutes the monitor appear the same message(''displayport NO SIGNAL) too soon!!
I uninstall the drivers of graphic card ,monitor, the g-sync off, nothing at all!
If someone can help please!
Thanx
George
Μobo:ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI-CPU:Intel Core i9-14900K-Cooler:EKW-EK-KIT RGB 360-RAM:G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5-6400 CL32 64GB(4 x 16 GB)-GPU:ASUS GeForce® ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING RTX-3080Ti-#43; EKW-EK-KIT 480 RGB -PSU:Corsair HX1200i:HDD:Samsung M2 980 PRO with heatsink 2TB+Samsung 990 PRO 2 TB RAID-0 +Asus RAIDR Express 240GB- Case:Thermaltake View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Editionx

Bill
Level 7
Hello Koutport
Do you have another monitor to test this with? We can rule out the monitor easily if you have one.
Maybe this is due to the the graphic card or Windows settings.

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello Koutport
Do you have another monitor to test this with? We can rule out the monitor easily if you have one.

Hello,
I have another monitor but there isn't any problem with it.The different between the 2 monitors is the connection.With the DVI port everything its OK.The PG278QR has only HDMI or Display port.The monitor is new (about 1 month).
The graphic card(980 MATRIX) has 2 display port and 2 HDMI port, I try all the ports but the problem remain.
Consider that the problem appears only as soon as playing games , on WINDOWS or surf on Internet everything its OK.
Thanx

Koutport wrote:
Hello,
I have another monitor but there isn't any problem with it.The different between the 2 monitors is the connection.With the DVI port everything its OK.The PG278QR has only HDMI or Display port.The monitor is new (about 1 month).
The graphic card(980 MATRIX) has 2 display port and 2 HDMI port, I try all the ports but the problem remain.
Consider that the problem appears only as soon as playing games , on WINDOWS or surf on Internet everything its OK.
Thanx

I have a monitor in which I started experiencing the same issue. For me, this started appearing when I overclocked the monitor. Can you check with lower Hz setting and if you experience the same?

Cheers,
KP
CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made 🙂

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello Koutport

Korth
Level 14
Check end connections on your DisplayPort cable. They can appear properly plugged in while only partially inserted. Chassis dimensions might interfere with proper GPU-side physical connection.

Check that your PCIe GPU card is firmly seated. Check that the 6-/8-pin PCIE12V power connectors are firmly connected, swap/replace power connectors if you have spares.

Test the monitor with a different DP cable, if you have one. Test monitor on different computer and/or different monitor on computer, if possible.

Check all PCIe, GPU, and power saving or "screensaving" options in Windows control panel, NVIDIA control panel, BIOS, and the monitor OSD.

Are your GPU temps spiking or fps stuttering just before signal loss? It could be a thermal failure.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Check end connections on your DisplayPort cable. They can appear properly plugged in while only partially inserted. Chassis dimensions might interfere with proper GPU-side physical connection.

Check that your PCIe GPU card is firmly seated. Check that the 6-/8-pin PCIE12V power connectors are firmly connected, swap/replace power connectors if you have spares.

Test the monitor with a different DP cable, if you have one. Test monitor on different computer and/or different monitor on computer, if possible.

Check all PCIe, GPU, and power saving or "screensaving" options in Windows control panel, NVIDIA control panel, BIOS, and the monitor OSD.

Are your GPU temps spiking or fps stuttering just before signal loss? It could be a thermal failure.

Hello again...
I try anything!! Another monitor Asus 24inch with DVI and HDMI works ok,I reinstall the drivers the same problem remain , I run the benchmark Heaven Benchmark 4.0 with no problem ! Fresh win 10 installation the problem remain... when I playing Company of Heroes2 and W.O T. the monitor diplays the message ''Display port NO SIGNAL'' or ''HDMI no signal'' and I hear only the voice of players of Teamspeak the sound of games stops.
Please another ideas?

😞

cljustin
Level 8
Try power cycling your monitor for 30 seconds. Also, can you try this monitor on another PC to see if we can eliminate any hardware issues?