cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning message when I try to download files from the german Asus Support page

Beaver_Cheese
Level 9
Hello.

I get a warning message with a number everytime I try to download something from the german Asus Support page.
This happens with all web browsers.
What does it mean?
11 REPLIES 11

xeromist
It looks like the title of the message box says Websense. If so then your network administrator has a Websense filtering appliance enabled that is blocking downloads.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

I can download whatever I want, there are no restrictions.
When I try to download from Asus USA it works and this message doesn't appear.
Is the BIOS 3504 from Asus USA the same as the BIOS from the german Asus page? Does it contain German as language too?

xeromist
I'm not an ASUS employee but I am pretty sure there is only one BIOS image. Any differences in the download might be in the supporting documentation or readme file. So I believe that should work for you.

If you want to troubleshoot the error further then I would try expanding that error window to see the full title. It looks like the word that is cut off is "Websense" but if it's something else it would help to know what the full word is.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I can't expand the message window but I'm sure it says "Meldung von Webseite" which means "message from website".

I tried to download from a different Computer today and got the same strange message from the german Support page.

Must be something on the server side. Maybe somebody can take a look at it.

Thanks again for your help.

xeromist
Ah, that makes sense. Sorry I couldn't think of another word that started with that but I wasn't thinking in German. 🙂

Yes I was able to replicate the problem when visiting the German page. However, when I click OK the file still downloads. You can also try right-click and save as.

I will let the admin know.

Bill
Level 7
Hello Beaver Cheese
Thank you for your inquiry
I'll address this to our team ASAP
Thank you

Bill
Level 7
Hello all
This issue has been fixed!
If you are still experiencing this is issue, please reply and state the following:
01.The browser you are using.
02.The product you are viewing.
03.The link you encounter this issue.

Thank you

Hello.

This message still appears when I try to download files with Firefox 64 (Version 55.0.3).

Here for example:
https://www.asus.com/de/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-IMPACT/HelpDesk_Download/

I select Windows 7 64 Bit and then I click on the "Global" Link under BIOS 3504.

Thank you for your effort.

Beaver Cheese wrote:
Hello.

This message still appears when I try to download files with Firefox 64 (Version 55.0.3).

Here for example:
https://www.asus.com/de/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-IMPACT/HelpDesk_Download/

I select Windows 7 64 Bit and then I click on the "Global" Link under BIOS 3504.

Thank you for your effort.

Hello Beaver Cheese
Have you tried clearing CACHE of this website?
I've tried duplicating this by using the same version of Firefox 64bit and downloading the same item,
but no error message or any pop-up message appeared, thank you