cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with led and Aura (1080 ti)

Rafterx
Level 8
I have a problem with the led of my Asus Strix 1080ti. Last night i turn on the pc, but the led colors changed to white and pink when I had it in blue. When I put Asus Aura I get an error message "Non-Aura" and will not let me enter the program to change the colors i've tried a couple of times to unplug the pc completely and it seems to work, but when reboot happens again. Graphic card works fine, its only the led and Aura.

I have Asus z170 pro gaming, and program for change color Aura RGB Lighting Control (Graphics Cards)

Thanks and sorry my bad english hehe.
16 REPLIES 16

JargonHolpick
Level 7
Had the same issue as you. My solution is to create a task in your taskscheduler.
Make sure that the task starts at startup.

1. Open Taskscheduler = Taskschd.msc
2. Create a basic Task -> Name your task, description ->NEXT-> Trigger: @startup ->ACTION->start a program
-> point to the location of AURA, you can use extra arguments if needed
3. Complete and reboot your PC.

JargonHolpick wrote:
Had the same issue as you. My solution is to create a task in your taskscheduler.
Make sure that the task starts at startup.

1. Open Taskscheduler = Taskschd.msc
2. Create a basic Task -> Name your task, description ->NEXT-> Trigger: @startup ->ACTION->start a program
-> point to the location of AURA, you can use extra arguments if needed
3. Complete and reboot your PC.

I try this but dont work for me ;(. Thanks!

Chino wrote:

Are you using the latest version of the AURE software?

Yes, i have last version "AURA RGB Lighting Control for Graphic card & ROG-XG-STATION-2 ver0.0.5.4", then i downloaded "Aura" last version but I tried to open it but it does not run, although try the above step.

When I unplug the computer from the power supply, the graph changes color, but on restart it returns to white / pink

Rafterx wrote:

Yes, i have last version "AURA RGB Lighting Control for Graphic card & ROG-XG-STATION-2 ver0.0.5.4"

Have you tried resetting to default values?

Same problem. Though first time I turned it completely off (unplug from wall) it seemed to work again but on restart stopped and now if i unplug it its stay white. As well as it saying "Non-Aura" on older version of Aura (one that came on my CD) it says "The system doesn't support LED functions!"

I tried contacting Asus support. They pretty much said i NEED a Aura supported montherboard to use LEDs on my GPU... Not true though because i used to be able to change the LEDs

I have also tried using another HDD and installing windows on it again even tried Linux. Seems the LEDs go to white (with a bit of pink but that's just how the LEDs create the white color?) as soon as i press the power button not just when windows loads.

Also when going into the GPU tweak 2 tools section the Aura is grayed out (https://gyazo.com/263854e2c5008e161ab556c9538907ea) and if i go to the website and download it then try open it i either get Non-Aura or "The system doesn't support LED functions!" depending on what version of Aura i run

oh and i am running the latest version of everything... right now

PC: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZkVrFd

xdlewisdx wrote:
Same problem. Though first time I turned it completely off (unplug from wall) it seemed to work again but on restart stopped and now if i unplug it its stay white. As well as it saying "Non-Aura" on older version of Aura (one that came on my CD) it says "The system doesn't support LED functions!"

I tried contacting Asus support. They pretty much said i NEED a Aura supported montherboard to use LEDs on my GPU... Not true though because i used to be able to change the LEDs

I have also tried using another HDD and installing windows on it again even tried Linux. Seems the LEDs go to white (with a bit of pink but that's just how the LEDs create the white color?) as soon as i press the power button not just when windows loads.

Also when going into the GPU tweak 2 tools section the Aura is grayed out (https://gyazo.com/263854e2c5008e161ab556c9538907ea) and if i go to the website and download it then try open it i either get Non-Aura or "The system doesn't support LED functions!" depending on what version of Aura i run

oh and i am running the latest version of everything... right now

PC: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZkVrFd

Same problem in everything. I tried to do everything but I can not get it to work. It happened to me from one day to the next. Unplugging the cable from the source works, but restarting the same thing happens again.

The graphic card works perfectly, i only have problem with the led I do not want to use the rma just for that :(.

Well if someone knows a fix please let me know! otherwise I'm considering sending it back because i have no way of testing if this is something wrong with my GPU (don't have another PC that i could put it in)

Menthol
Level 14
Aura Version 0.0.5.4 for Graphics cards is the version you need unless you have an Aura motherboard
I would try re seating your Graphics card, uninstalling GPU Tweak, Aura software and graphics drivers, run CCleaner to clean out registry files, install graphics driver, then Aura and see if the LED's function properly, there must be some software conflict going on, if it works after this install GPU Tweak to see if that is where the conflict lies
I noticed in the release notes for Ver. 0.0.5.4 that it fixes a conflict with Sonic Studio, do you have this or any other ASUS software installed?

Menthol wrote:
Aura Version 0.0.5.4 for Graphics cards is the version you need unless you have an Aura motherboard
I would try re seating your Graphics card, uninstalling GPU Tweak, Aura software and graphics drivers, run CCleaner to clean out registry files, install graphics driver, then Aura and see if the LED's function properly, there must be some software conflict going on, if it works after this install GPU Tweak to see if that is where the conflict lies
I noticed in the release notes for Ver. 0.0.5.4 that it fixes a conflict with Sonic Studio, do you have this or any other ASUS software installed?

Thanks for your help. Sadly didn't seem to work. i thought it might be a software conflict too but i have tried installing windows on another drive and same problem with/without any software (also tried with just Aura installed)

Only asus programs i have are Ai Suite 3 and Uninstall Asus PCE-AC64 WLAN Card Driver (though that's not really a program but its in my programs list)

Don't have Sonic Studio

Tried everything you listed their...