cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you allow me a problem with a device that raises the temperature of the machine

fullx
Level 7
p9x79 pro overclock 4500 :mad::mad:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz

Memory DDR3 32 GB 1600 CL9 Series

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 66808
5 REPLIES 5

DevBiker
Level 7
Can't really figure out what you are asking here. I see that your max temp is 88C, which is certainly higher than one would typically like. How long were you running Prime95? What kind of cooling do you have? What are the other relevant temperatures (motherboard, etc)? What is the ambient temperature? What's the temperature of the GPU?
Your post really doesn't give anyone much to go on here.
Try using HWInfo (https://www.hwinfo.com/) rather than CPU-Z to monitor temps as it'll give you a good deal more information.

devbiker wrote:
can't really figure out what you are asking here. I see that your max temp is 88c, which is certainly higher than one would typically like. How long were you running prime95? What kind of cooling do you have? What are the other relevant temperatures (motherboard, etc)? What is the ambient temperature? What's the temperature of the gpu?
Your post really doesn't give anyone much to go on here.
Try using hwinfo (https://www.hwinfo.com/) rather than cpu-z to monitor temps as it'll give you a good deal more information.

360 water cooling

DevBiker
Level 7
You really don't want anyone to help you out here, do you?
Your posts are lacking all kinds of relevant information that would provide anyone here with any type of clue as to whether what you are seeing is normal or not. You don't have the key stats for the CPU (e.g. vCore, etc.), ambient temp, other, non-CPU temps, etc. Look at other posts and include more details. And ... if you don't know what details would be relevant, don't overclock.
And note: Prime95 beats up on your CPU. They will run hot under Prime95.

DevBiker wrote:
You really don't want anyone to help you out here, do you?
Your posts are lacking all kinds of relevant information that would provide anyone here with any type of clue as to whether what you are seeing is normal or not. You don't have the key stats for the CPU (e.g. vCore, etc.), ambient temp, other, non-CPU temps, etc. Look at other posts and include more details. And ... if you don't know what details would be relevant, don't overclock.
And note: Prime95 beats up on your CPU. They will run hot under Prime95.

My problem with high heat processor

I'm breaking the processor at 4500 frequency and the heat up to 89 does come normal

Cooling of water is open 360

I did not know if I was a worker in a true bios

Finally thank you for helping me :cool::cool:

DevBiker
Level 7
You still haven't included any of the things that I asked for.
- CPU vCore, for starters.
- Ambient temperature
- Other temperature readings.
- Exact make and model of the cooler that you are using (open loop 360 doesn't tell anyone anything).
And ... you are overclocking ~700Mhz on that chip, running Prime95. That will make your chip run hot, period. It's brutal. What temps do you see with Asus Realbench? What are your max temps during a heavy gaming session? These are actually a bit more indicative of real-world temps than Prime95.