cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GPU Tweak - Please Help

premium_sauce
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I am a big newb when it comes down to tweak and OC.
However this new ASUS tool seems very easy to use.

Could anyone please explain me how to use? I did find some threads on this website describing what this tool does but I wasn't able to find an actual guide that could help me to understand what Tuning does and how to use it?

If I want full power do I just drag it to max for GPU clock? Do I have to do the same with memory clock? At full does this mean it is potentially OC'd to the max? Is default the normal/saving power option?
How long should I leave it up to max capacity?

Thank you very much
Andrew

EDIT: also if I use turbo mode in BIOS up to full power (Ezmode) is it recommended to to use GPU tweak??? And how far could I go into?
5 REPLIES 5

premium_sauce
Level 7
This is what I get on default settings.

Thank you very much

Well I think this video explains a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM4Bbwb3v_U&feature=related

But since I do not own a ASUS GTX580 it doenst auto adjust my core clock to core voltage;

Any pros here that could explain me how to set up some good profiles manually entering correct numbers??

Thanks

HiVizMan
Level 40
The reason there is not any manual at present is because the final release or if you prefer the offical release of the application has not yet happened. Oh and I have not finished writing the manual yet.

Seriously now - you have to see what works with your graphic card. There is no one settings that will work for each and every card. The higher you set the voltage the hotter your graphic core will become. The hotter your graphic core becomes the louder your fans will have to be to combat the heat. So really it is up to personal choice as to what level of overclock you want to go with.

Add to that mix the fact that no two cards will clock to the same level. And you see the problem to what you are asking.

Just have fun working out what is the best settings for your card. The good thing about over clocking your graphic card is when you mess up the picture just freezes and a reboot will sort out. No harm no foul as they say.

Cheers and look out for the official release.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
The reason there is not any manual at present is because the final release or if you prefer the offical release of the application has not yet happened.

okay. Thanks for that

HiVizMan wrote:

Seriously now - you have to see what works with your graphic card. There is no one settings that will work for each and every card. The higher you set the voltage the hotter your graphic core will become.

Yes, I got that - but could you provide me with your "personal experiences" - What profiles did you set up? Since my gtx580 is NOT Asus but Geforce hence no auto adjustement- If I increase my core clock lets say by 15 by how much do u think I should increase my core voltage?
It would be wrong right to increase ONLy core clock without touching my core voltage or memory clock?

Thanks!

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK I get what you are asking.

Here is what I do with each and every graphic card I get.

I leave the card on stock voltages and incrementally (10MHz) increase the GPU clock. When the system fails my stress test I increase the voltage up slightly. I repeat as many times as it is possible to do before my temps under stress are beyond that level which I am comfortable with.

For stress test I I run Heaven http://unigine.com/products/heaven/ as a rule.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.