cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702VM/VMK + PUBG temperatures

StarJack
Level 11
I know this game is a hog and barely optimised but I'm curious as to what other GL702VM owners are getting in PUBG with regards to temperatures. On medium settings I am seeing around 72 degrees Celsius. On high settings I see around 76-77C. What are others seeing and what have you done to mitigate heat?

Winner Winner.

GL702VMK.303
Undervolted -0.130
Turbo Disabled
Dual Opolar LC06

StarJack
9 REPLIES 9

Nevortic
Level 8
Do you have a chance to try rainbox six ultra and tell me how to get there? Temperature
Thanks

Nevortic wrote:
Do you have a chance to try rainbox six ultra and tell me how to get there? Temperature
Thanks

In Rainbow Six Siege on Ultra I am getting around 76-78C.

StarJack

FastM
Level 8
I'm getting around 70c for both the CPU/GPU with PUBG and my GL702VS

no undervolting
TurboBoost: disabled
Fan Speed boost: 50%
The laptop also sits on a thermaltake cooler.

If I re-enable turbo boost, the CPU will hit 99c and throttle. The GPU usually max's in the mid 80c's

Bahz
Level 12
Those temps look pretty good, I won't be concerned unless your temps are in high 80s.

I just got the GL702VS-DS74 and so far all i did was reinstall a clean windows 10 installation.

While running and playing PUBG on ULTRA 1080p the CPU stays at around 78-82c while the GPU at 75c-80c and i played an hour session or so.

i must add that while using the Asus windows the CPU did reach around 89c-91c.

[=

EDIT:
i'm going to do some more game testing and actual benchmarks soon and if the temps are extreme for me i'll do the -140mv undervolt suggestion.

lars82
Level 7
Did you reinstall windows with the same license or did you install some different version?

I don't have Pubg, but I played Bf1 on medium and got temp cpu between 83-87, and gpu was at one point max 87 average 84....should I be concerned?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I have the GL502VMK and this is the only game I have that makes temps go above 75c.
Before undervolting CPU and GPU temps were 85-90c for both.
After undervolting (-100mV), disabling intel turbo boost, and locking frames to 60, it's 77-80c for both.
I wish they were lower, but I guess it is what it is.

Eljefeuno wrote:
I have the GL502VMK and this is the only game I have that makes temps go above 75c.
Before undervolting CPU and GPU temps were 85-90c for both.
After undervolting (-100mV), disabling intel turbo boost, and locking frames to 60, it's 77-80c for both.
I wish they were lower, but I guess it is what it is.

This is pretty much my setup too, only I have the GL702VMK and am using GYSNC 75 hz/fps. Without the two opolars I'd get 77-80C too but with them I am around 70-72C.

StarJack

what kind of fps and settings do u guys have for pubg? are u guys on 1060gtx? msi after burner setting if any? i find the fps inconstant with the settings in graphics whether on mix of low and medium or medium the fps doesnt change much. how do i know if my gsync is working? do u have vertical sync on with gsync? once i land my fps ranges from 40-75 but sometimes its consistant around 70-75. any help or advice will help!