cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I must be doing something wrong.

Upgrade01
Level 7
Still on bios 1501 I'm still not able to run @ 3200mhz. I shouldn't have to jump through loops to get it to work. Someone said somewhere that having too much contact pressure on your cpu with a cpu cooler could cause some strange things to happen. Can someone vouch for this? With bios 1403 there was improvement because before I was only able to run at 2666 but now I'm able to run at 3000mhz. Anyways just trying to figure out if other people are still having this issue. If so ASUS should stop trying to sell people on the fact that this board can run at 3200mhz if it is hit or miss depending on the RAM you have. I'm even using memory on the QVL
7 REPLIES 7

andyliu
Level 9
few things you can try, and the first thing I will try is to run 1 ram at a time to see if the ram is the issue.
It will also help to list your hardware spec. Maybe ppl with similar hardware can easily point out what you can try to achieve the memory O.C.

ded99
Level 7
Someone else also said that there's a santa claus. You should get my point from that.

If you have RAM, which is on QVL and rated 3200 - you definately should run it at rated speed. Tried to put timings manually? What about voltages?

PeZzy
Level 7
What RAM are you using? Different RAM requires different settings.

Upgrade01
Level 7
Thank you for the suggestions. The RAM I'm currently running is CMD16GX4M2B3200C16 (Link: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233913). I have tried just about everything timings, voltage, DOCP, etc. I think it is just a platform thing ATM. I might just need to give it more time. Also, is any buddy else running 1501? My temp software seems to be reporting temps 5-10*c higher than usual. one more thing concerning temps. My temps seem to get to a certain point lets say 40*C it will drop 1 degree per second, then it will jump back up to 40*C for no reason and repeat the process. Any ideas?

Using the 16GB vengeance LPX kit with slightly tighter timings than marked in that product description (16-16-16-39) and I'm running at 3200.
1501, Ryzen 1700 OC'd to 3800 (a bit high on voltage at 1.35, went for stability over temperature), Corsair H100i V2 AIO, Samsung 960 EVO nVME drive.

I used TyphoonBurner to get the timings for the RAM from the XMP profile on the RAM and manually entered them. Worked from 1401 and later, I picked up my motherboard right at that update so I don't know about earlier versions. The timings in the 3200mhz XMP profile for the LPX kits is pretty close to the Dominator kits, which really ought to be tighter, not looser, in my opinion. There are a couple programs around that can read the XMP profiles on the ram, try setting everything manually to those exact settings. Yeah, it's crap you have to do it manually, but it IS overclocking the RAM, really, and XMP is an Intel thing.

Cspradlin wrote:
Using the 16GB vengeance LPX kit with slightly tighter timings than marked in that product description (16-16-16-39) and I'm running at 3200.
1501, Ryzen 1700 OC'd to 3800 (a bit high on voltage at 1.35, went for stability over temperature), Corsair H100i V2 AIO, Samsung 960 EVO nVME drive.

I used TyphoonBurner to get the timings for the RAM from the XMP profile on the RAM and manually entered them. Worked from 1401 and later, I picked up my motherboard right at that update so I don't know about earlier versions. The timings in the 3200mhz XMP profile for the LPX kits is pretty close to the Dominator kits, which really ought to be tighter, not looser, in my opinion. There are a couple programs around that can read the XMP profiles on the ram, try setting everything manually to those exact settings. Yeah, it's crap you have to do it manually, but it IS overclocking the RAM, really, and XMP is an Intel thing.

Use this link to install stilt's current settings tool. It is an easy way to pass out a record of all your timings.

davemon50
Level 11
Have you tried running at 3000 MHz? Probably stable there on default XMP.
Davemon50